AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Money News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Brian Bonz of the Goddamn Band Sets Up Kickstarter

Posted by - 03:05 PM on 09/06/13
Brian Bonz (you may know him from Kevin Devine's Goddamn Band) has set up a Kickstarter for his new album.
Misophonia is a project born out of this phase of my life. I'd scored a documentary for PBS about artwork in New York City's subway stations, and much of that material formed the record's blueprint. I experimented with sampling music and found sound, using new programs and abandoning any prior strictures with approaching previous work. Chris Bracco, who produced From Sumi to Japan, returns to collaborate on Misophonia. The Major Crimes continue their trek forward on this one, as well, along with both old and new guest musicians.

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
04:42 PM on 09/06/13
Ragnar
User Info.
So there are at least 3,000 people on this site, right? Everyone please go give Brian & co. a dollar. They're awesome and their music is great and I want to hear those Sunday Theory songs!
05:43 AM on 09/07/13
Geology Rocks!
Why are you so afraid?
User Info.
His third album? Where do I find the other two?
05:54 AM on 09/07/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Probably his website, but I don't know for sure.

I love Brian and he's always seemed like a lot of fun. In fact his band(s) have always put on great sets when I've seen them as openers... But I just cannot get into the music when I sit down to listen at home! Hashtag sadface.
09:50 AM on 09/07/13
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.

Through Triple Crown. Good albums. Sounds like something you'd expect from a member of the Goddamn Band but different enough to be worthwhile--a little weirder and more layered.
02:30 PM on 09/08/13
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
Been waiting for the follow-up to the Triborrough Odyssey for a while. Saw this guy open for Miniature Tigers and The Get Up Kids and he was by far the best act that night! Stoked!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos