Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 10 posts
11:52 PM on 09/08/13
chrislauren
laa-dispute.tumblr.com
User Info.
I loved Separation; but this album decimates it in my book. I'm always nervous when Will Yip produces something; he's been hit or miss this year, leading Pity Sex, Citizen, and Daylight to capitalize on just about everything except for what I actually loved about their sounds. Thankfully, the opposite is true here. Everything I've loved about their past releases is focused tenfold on this record.

Great review. Should have given some attention to Jeremy Bolm's guest spot in Notice Me, it's definitely one of the high points of the thirteen songs.
Jeremy Bolm is not on that song or the record at all. That's all Jon right there. And I concur with everyone else, great review. I'm a huge Balance fan and think they just done did it with this album. It's far ahead of Separation for me, and I didn't think they would be in any way able to top it. I don't think I'm ready to witness some of these songs live.
12:00 AM on 09/09/13
chrislauren
laa-dispute.tumblr.com
User Info.
12:12 AM on 09/09/13
chrislauren
laa-dispute.tumblr.com
User Info.
also, any idea when the podcast featuring the guys will be posted?
01:43 PM on 09/09/13
chrislauren
laa-dispute.tumblr.com
User Info.
Really wasn't a fan of this band's old stuff, and then I heard the new single and instantly changed my mind. I'm looking forward to hearing the entire album and finding out if what I liked was a one-off or not.
Entire album is amazing. I don't think you'll be disappointed based off the couple singles they released.
01:45 PM on 09/09/13
chrislauren
laa-dispute.tumblr.com
User Info.
It would be cool to see them do something similar to the "Conversations" interview La Dispute did, or just a really in-depth interview about the subject matter of the songs. I would love to know what inspired Dirty Head and Notice Me.
03:21 PM on 09/09/13
chrislauren
laa-dispute.tumblr.com
User Info.
Is it really this serious? jesus christ.
08:11 PM on 09/09/13
chrislauren
laa-dispute.tumblr.com
User Info.
Yup.

I have probably listened to this album 20 times over the last week, if not more. I really do like it, but I've come to the conclusion that soft, pretty B&C >>> fast, grungy B&C.

I agree 100%. I've always kind of preferred the acoustic versions of their songs over the originals. Jon's singing voice is nice and almost comforting in a way.
10:01 PM on 09/23/13
chrislauren
laa-dispute.tumblr.com
User Info.
Album definitely grows on you. And surprisingly "When I Come Undone" has grown into one of my favorite tracks. I don't know, there's something about it that just connects to me.
Definitely. That and I'm Swimming were the two songs that had to grow on me. Enemy is probably the standout track on this record for me, they couldn't have picked a better song to close the album.
09:27 PM on 10/13/13
chrislauren
laa-dispute.tumblr.com
User Info.
La Dispute's in Philly right now and I have a funny feeling Will Yip may have something to do with that.
10:19 PM on 10/16/13
chrislauren
laa-dispute.tumblr.com
User Info.
Also can we talk about how fucking amazing Enemy is? They couldn't have chosen a better track to close the record, it's becoming one of my favorites of theirs. So good.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos