Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts.
11:38 PM on 09/08/13
likedyingy0ung
your new charmer
User Info.
I loved Separation; but this album decimates it in my book. I'm always nervous when Will Yip produces something; he's been hit or miss this year, leading Pity Sex, Citizen, and Daylight to capitalize on just about everything except for what I actually loved about their sounds. Thankfully, the opposite is true here. Everything I've loved about their past releases is focused tenfold on this record.

Great review. Should have given some attention to Jeremy Bolm's guest spot in Notice Me, it's definitely one of the high points of the thirteen songs.
11:59 PM on 09/08/13
likedyingy0ung
your new charmer
User Info.
I think Will Yip is the best producer around right now....and unless I am mistaken, Jeremy Bolm is not on this record at all.
That most certainly sounds like Jeremy at the end; multiple fan blogs have the song listed as featuring him, and I admit I've assumed part of the appeal of doing a record release show together was for them to play the song together live. I only have a digital copy of the album thus far so I can't look at the album's liner notes to say for sure, so I'll assume you know more than me, but a good portion of the internet is under the impression that that's Jeremy screaming at the end there.

Also, Will Yip has done good work, i.e. Floral Green, Magnolia, the new Blacklisted stuff, but I can't forgive the latter half of Youth or how Feast of Love is so repetitive and devoid of the hooks that made love Pity Sex to begin with.

Edit: http://balanceandcomposurefans.tumbl...me-cant-see-it

A quick search pulled this up, for one.
11:27 AM on 09/09/13
likedyingy0ung
your new charmer
User Info.
Well, shit. Jon has really stepped up then. That's still the most chilling moment on the album for me.
09:02 PM on 09/25/13
likedyingy0ung
your new charmer
User Info.
Almost definitely going to be my AOTY when December rolls around. The only thing I can see topping this now that the new TJ is pushed back to 2014 is maybe Seahaven or Manchester Orchestra. Most likely the latter.
11:22 PM on 09/27/13
likedyingy0ung
your new charmer
User Info.
New Manchester this year? Oh hellllllll yesssss.
I should say that's a mighty big assumption for me to make, but they've been finished with the album for awhile now, there's just no word on even a tentative release date, which is irking cause I thought they'd announce something before going out on tour with TFB.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums