Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 11 posts
08:09 AM on 09/09/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Still surprises me that people enjoyed Major/Minor as much as they did. Such a dreadfully boring record and a whimper that great band went out on.
Yeah beggars outshines m/m in every way.
08:23 AM on 09/09/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Yeah don't understand that part at all.
09:22 AM on 09/09/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
It isn't at all a shot toward the limitations of the music – but in terms of lyricism, rock and roll songs tell stories that live on forever, hence the extreme lasting value of musicians like The Beatles or Bruce Springsteen or even the countless artists that influenced them. This happens in blues, soul, etc., too. Dance music, electronic music and to a lesser extent, radio pop, are much more likely to have lyricism that throws away a timelessness in exchange for a "live in the moment" type freedom. Absolutely not a bad thing – obviously there is a place for that. I think it's pretty well noted that the cultures of these genres are different, and I'm not at all saying that I made some sort of big revelation there, but that's what I was going for in that closing paragraph.
That's pretty dismissive as a whole, regardless of how you intended the sentiment, and I'd rather have the lyricism of a handful of electronic artists over the trite offerings here.
10:40 AM on 09/09/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
I don't think it's dismissive at all. I never said that "all dance music is about the present time" or "all rock music is timeless" you know? I'm not speaking in absolutes and therefore I'm not dismissing anything.

I'm pretty sure I explained myself fairly thoroughly and backed up my statement. If you were to pick out your favorite lyricism from electronic artists – I know you listened to so much of that music when we were roommates –Â*I'm sure there would be plenty of lyrics that might be better than the ones on this album. There would probably be plenty of lyrics that explore timeless issues. Like I said, I was not dealing in any sort of absolute thought nor should that ever be assumed – in what genre is there literally only one type of thought, idea, tone or message?

I feel as though my general point of electronic music being more about "living in the moment" still stands strong, especially when you consider the amount of remixes / dance music made mainly for club settings....and the amount of such music that is created with no lyricism at all.
Lol you have absolutely no idea what I listened to when we were roommates considering I almost always listened to shit with headphones instead of blasting it through a stereo. Carry on with your assumptions though lol.
03:23 PM on 09/09/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Honestly the whole concept of scoring albums is stupid and arbitrary
04:51 PM on 09/09/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Comment about Kanye West album sales and scores to make Jake, Ryan, and Pat mad.
comment about zack being irrelevant and having no influence on people's feelings
04:53 PM on 09/09/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
also saying ive been going back and forth about that sentence is laughable considering i made one response to thomas about it and my initial comment was about how i liked the review a lot. relax. it was hardly back and forth, i dropped it immediately when you responded because it was obviously worthless to argue with you.
07:07 PM on 09/09/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Idk. I feel like I annoy your feelings a lot buddy
You don't I could care less its pathetic that you think you affect me lol fuck
09:41 PM on 09/09/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Yup.

I have probably listened to this album 20 times over the last week, if not more. I really do like it, but I've come to the conclusion that soft, pretty B&C >>> fast, grungy B&C.
Yep not even close really. Loud and heavy b&c does nothing to differentiate them from 95% of the scene whereas the softer stuff truly allows them to shine.
03:59 PM on 09/10/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
poz'd 'em
02:17 PM on 09/23/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
nope

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News