AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 43.
04:20 PM on 09/09/13
steven31
User Info.
Vheissu 10 year anniversary tour in 2015?
04:59 PM on 09/09/13
adamKS
User Info.
I doubt this would be asked due to being controversial but I want to know where he stands on homosexuality, if his view is in line with Mars Hill or not. I know a lot of people roll their eyes about questions regarding his faith but it's the one major topic I wish would be discussed in regards to him submerging himself in the Mars Hill church. As far as I know, he hasn't discussed it and while I'm happy that he's pursuing something that makes him happy, I would still like it answered.

Of course, as I said, I doubt it'll be talked about. Interviewers usually shy away from anything moderately uncomfortable.

what does this have to do with his music/artistry?? I don't understand why people have to turn politics, music, the weather, etc into a personal matter like homosexuality?? why is this even talked about in our culture? this is a private matter and should stay that way and out of politics and especially music. .people's personal lives belong in their bedrooms

i'm going to answer your question and say "yes". .reason being is that from what I've read from interviews with dustin and how strong he is in his Christian faith and how bold his lyrics were with thrice. .he comes across as a strong individual who backs his thoughts and faith. .

question: is there any chance of a new thrice album soon? are the guys in thrice still close and talk?
05:39 PM on 09/09/13
mondaybest
nothing is sacred
User Info.
You spelled his name wrong.
06:15 PM on 09/09/13
MikeyAndTheCity
User Info.
what does this have to do with his music/artistry?? I don't understand why people have to turn politics, music, the weather, etc into a personal matter like homosexuality?? why is this even talked about in our culture? this is a private matter and should stay that way and out of politics and especially music. .people's personal lives belong in their bedrooms

i'm going to answer your question and say "yes". .reason being is that from what I've read from interviews with dustin and how strong he is in his Christian faith and how bold his lyrics were with thrice. .he comes across as a strong individual who backs his thoughts and faith. .

question: is there any chance of a new thrice album soon? are the guys in thrice still close and talk?
Because it creates a barrier for me to fully enjoy his "music/artistry". I was quite a big Thrice fan but would have a hard time supporting/enjoying someone's music who thinks I'm a sinner, an abomination and that I'm going to hell because I'm being myself. Understand that for you it might be political but for me it's my life.

Music is a personal expression, and fans of music are often personally touched by an artist's work. I'm wondering where he stands on an issue that's important in my life.

I don't bunch Christians as hateful, homophobic assholes because of their faith but some Christians are. I would like to know where he stands on the issue because he's never talked about it. period.
06:23 PM on 09/09/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.

His album is coming out on a label run by a homophobic religious organization. So yeah, it's relevant.

And I doubt you'd be comfortable suggesting that heterosexuals should keep their personal lives "in their bedrooms".

When you're at increased risk of harassment, assault, or murder for something you can't control, maybe you shouldn't go crying to anyone else about it. Keep it in your 'bedroom'.

EDIT: I'm curious, do you think personal views aren't relevant to music? Strange, considering you're in here excited about a religious album. I think many people would consider that to be personal.
07:01 PM on 09/09/13
Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
User Info.
When is Thrice getting back together?

This had me in stitches. Too good.
08:12 PM on 09/09/13
The Meech
User Info.
kensrue
08:15 PM on 09/09/13
Flags of Dawn
King Shit With That Crown of Flies
User Info.
Since Thrice hasn't completely ruled out a reunion, is there a goal or endgame he hopes to accomplish while being involved with Mars Hill and before he considers rejoining the band?

What are some advantages or disadvantages of working with Thrice and/or a label vs. working with Mars Hill and their label?

There's been some pretty well-documented controversy over you joining Mars Hill, how much attention do you pay to it, and how do you respond, if at all? Do your views align with the ones the church is often criticized for (anti-gay, misogyny, etc)?
09:27 PM on 09/09/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
There's been some pretty well-documented controversy over you joining Mars Hill, how much attention do you pay to it, and how do you respond, if at all? Do your views align with the ones the church is often criticized for (anti-gay, misogyny, etc)?

I have a feeling he'd say he doesn't pay much attention to those criticisms, and then he'd clarify his views align with the church he works for. I believe Mars Hill has its leadership sign documents agreeing with specific beliefs...I could be wrong though.
09:28 PM on 09/09/13
Flags of Dawn
User Info.
I have a feeling he'd say he doesn't pay much attention to those criticisms, and then he'd clarify his views align with the church he works for. I believe Mars Hill has its leadership sign documents agreeing with specific beliefs...I could be wrong though.
I know of a way you could find out...
09:38 PM on 09/09/13
Flags of Dawn
User Info.
It's not like he's been super top secret about his faith or involvement with the church. Asking him about it in reasonable detail is more than fair, IMO.
09:51 PM on 09/09/13
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
How do you pronounce your last name? With a hard 'sh' or like a 'z'?

hahahahah
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
Vheissu 10 year anniversary tour in 2015?
THIS!!! Riley has already said that he'd totally love to!
theherox
Hi, I'm Alexander #2
User Info.
When is Thrice getting back together?

too good! so funny...and sad
07:33 AM on 09/10/13
Likelinus
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What bands/artists has he been listening to lately?

I read that he bacame a pastor, how did that happen?

Was there any animosity in the band when he revealed that they not can be a band anymore?

Would he consider making a Alchemy Index like album again, An album with a clear idea and more ambition?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests