That was actually a new level of bad.
05:33 AM on 09/10/13
Niko John
Music Lover
User Info.
"Are you ready motherf##kers? Are you ready? Let's go!" hilarious
they need to be best of 3 in worst awards
1. attila 2.escape the fate 3. fallin in reverse
Difference between Attila and ETF is that Attila knows they suck, but they don't care. They wanted to appeal to certain audience and they did. They couldn't care less about anyone else. ETF thinks they are on top of the world and, popularity wise, they absolutely are. Musically........well that is up for debate.
07:02 AM on 09/10/13
warpedFr3ak
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this. I'll give them credit for that at least.
I put this in the A7X thread the other day. I like ETF and I get why others dont. Its cool. Here is what I posted in the thread:

here is the beginners guide to AbsolutePunk that anyone who listens to stuff other than the The Wonder Years, the Story So Far, or Motion City Soundtrack should follow.

1. Always reply to a form/news post with "This" and just that. Hipsters will immediately know their own kind and it's cool to say less than more.

2. Make sure you include a GIF when replying to a post that is generally hated

3. Do not mention the bands A7X, Bullet For My Valentine,, Falling In Reverse, Escape The Fate, or Asking Alexandria...AKA bands this site used to talk about

4. Make sure you mention The Wonder Years in atleast 72% of your posts, people will assume you KNOW music!

5. If you find yourself mentioning TWY too much, just throw in The Ghost Inside or The Story So Far or an upcoming band that they have toured with and you'll get props.

6. DO NOT MENTION A BAND ON THE RADIO. GOT IT?!?!

7. Reference a popular TV SHOW

8. Don't go overboard when talking about ADTR like you did circa 2010 on here, its just not as cool anymore, bro.

9. Assume all staff members have other usernames posing as normal posters

10. REPEAT

TREAD LIGHTLY!
07:52 AM on 09/10/13
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I put this in the A7X thread the other day. I like ETF and I get why others dont. Its cool. Here is what I posted in the thread:

here is the beginners guide to AbsolutePunk that anyone who listens to stuff other than the The Wonder Years, the Story So Far, or Motion City Soundtrack should follow.

1. Always reply to a form/news post with "This" and just that. Hipsters will immediately know their own kind and it's cool to say less than more.

3. Do not mention the bands A7X, Bullet For My Valentine,, Falling In Reverse, Escape The Fate, or Asking Alexandria...AKA bands this site used to talk about

4. Make sure you mention The Wonder Years in atleast 72% of your posts, people will assume you KNOW music!

5. If you find yourself mentioning TWY too much, just throw in The Ghost Inside or The Story So Far or an upcoming band that they have toured with and you'll get props.

8. Don't go overboard when talking about ADTR like you did circa 2010 on here, its just not as cool anymore, bro.

10. REPEAT

TREAD LIGHTLY!
Nope.
08:18 AM on 09/10/13
warpedFr3ak
User Info.
08:26 AM on 09/10/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
"Are you ready motherf##kers? Are you ready? Let's go!" hilarious
they need to be best of 3 in worst awards
1. attila 2.escape the fate 3. fallin in reverse

Attila is a good band IMO, they know damn well they are creating shallow, obnoxious music but they take the idea and run with it. It's just fun, mindless music rather than ETF and (moreso) FIR which just create bad music unintentionally.
08:28 AM on 09/10/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.

10. REPEAT

TREAD LIGHTLY!
Will agree that TWY is great overrated and not worth the hype.
10:11 AM on 09/10/13
justballz
User Info.

10. REPEAT

TREAD LIGHTLY!

Support good music!

I laughed, good post.
11:30 AM on 09/10/13
warpedFr3ak
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Support good music!

I laughed, good post.
Exactly man! I support all genres that derive from Rock because it's a tough industry. Honestly we should be thrilled even if a crappy nu-metal band does well.
12:41 PM on 09/10/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
So that's how you cool yourself off on a hot day, Jack? I've been doing it wrong for years.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS