AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Streaming News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Streaming
Inside AP.net

Featured Stream: Tonight Alive - "The Other...

Posted by: Drew Beringer (09/10/13)
Today we are featuring a stream of Tonight Alive's new album, The Other Side, which is in stores today. You can stream that in the replies. We are also giving away copies of the new album - details on how to win are also in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 32
10:34 AM on 09/10/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.

How to Win a Copy of The Other SideJust tell me your favorite song on the new album and why and I'll pick my favorites by the end of the day - good luck.
10:39 AM on 09/10/13
justinwho
long live RepliesWithGifs
User Info.
my favorite has to be either lonely girl or complexes. not just because of how tight knit the band sounds (they've found their sound and it shows), but jenna's vocal performance and passion given to such meaningful lyrics on both songs as well as the rest of the album gives me chills.
10:45 AM on 09/10/13
PengusNiugnep
@PenguinGengar
User Info.
"Complexes" is probably my favorite song on the album. I'm pretty insecure, I guess. I'm constantly paranoid that my friends only tolerate me, and the most crushing feeling is the time here and there when you find out you're right. I guess I feel like I relate to this song because of how embarrassing I feel as a person or as a friend, and it's really cool to see that someone else has kind of experienced that, especially someone who's way cooler than I am, haha. You can really feel the emotion in the song. (Also, all of the band members absolutely kill it in this song.)
10:49 AM on 09/10/13
musicfan9795
Cool...cool...cool...
User Info.
My favorite song on the record is "The Ocean" because lyrically it talks about trying to deal with health problems. I haven't experienced anything to the level of what Jenna has been through, but one particular moment comes to mind.
I remember being a sophomore in high school and I had a really bad sinus infection. I felt like crap, but I wanted to go to school because all of friends were there and I didn't want to fall behind with schoolwork. At one point, one of my friends told me I should go home and try to get better. I took his advice and went to the doctor's. Within a week, I felt better and moved on through school.
10:50 AM on 09/10/13
whitelipstickkk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Complexes is my by far. Everyone in my life has always let me down in some way or fashion. Just recently I've been able to bring myself out of a lot of situations mostly with family and make myself positive and not think about the past negative happenings. Bands like tonight alive and hands like houses have been such a big part of that. This song is just a true prime example of what all has been surrounding me for the past 5 years.
11:18 AM on 09/10/13
colean
Leandro
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hell and back just because I love the way she moans/sings at the chorus!
11:41 AM on 09/10/13
crowbarmark
so much better than you
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"The Ocean" because it's a great opener, musically and lyrically. I'm a sucker for awesome opening songs on records that set the tone for the rest of the album.
01:31 PM on 09/10/13
mbarney82
User Info.
the production on this album is great

edit: favorite song is come home. they are gonna make sure they aren't called paramore knock offs by making huge choruses.
01:54 PM on 09/10/13
positiv-o
throwing punches at ocean waves
User Info.
I'm a big fan of The Ocean because of the reasoning behind the song (Jenna's health problems). I don't have physical health problems, mine are more mental, but the song has really touched a nerve, in a positive way. I just love TA's music because of how uplifting it can be.
01:56 PM on 09/10/13
DVNO
dial 45-41
User Info.
Great. One of my most anticipated albums this year. Been listening to "The Ocean" a lot lately. Since I haven't heard anything else from the album - until now - this one's my favorite. They sound incredible, especially Jenna's vocals, and more mature unlike their last record which, to me, was a bland Paramore rip-off.
02:02 PM on 09/10/13
Aphasia17
Koi No Yokan
User Info.
The title track is my favorite song, because as Jenna explained in the commentary video, it's about the process of trying to have a relationship with your best friend. Unfortunately, things often become too complicated and don't work out for the best. But the lyrics bring the song full circle at the end with "my love for you it will remain, my friend." It's a situation I know all too well and can easily relate to. Great song, wonderful album.
02:20 PM on 09/10/13
WasteSomeTime
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My favorite song is You Don't Owe Me Anything, it really reminds me of a past relationship I had and cutting ties with that person and how I made so many mistakes. Now I feel ok but how we never got to see what could have been. How I wish things had turned out different. Plus Jenna's voice is so strong, I love the keys throughout the song and then how powerful the song turns and she belts it.
02:49 PM on 09/10/13
esposimi
H.E. Pennypacker
User Info.
My favorite is the missing artist profile when you click on their name!

http://www.absolutepunk.net/tonightalive
02:56 PM on 09/10/13
Avalanche1
Keep running, keep shining on
User Info.
Really solid album.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives