AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Thrice News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Members of Thrice, Peace'd Out & More Form Felled Trees; Cover...

Posted by - 12:03 PM on 09/10/13
Eddie Breckenridge (Thrice), Sergie Loobkoff (Samiam, Knapsack), & Roger Camero (No Motiv, Peace'd Out) have formed a new band: Felled Trees. The band's first album is Where We Been, a cover-to-cover record of Dinosaur Jr.'s Where You Been?, featuring guest vocalists from The Jealous Sound, Texas Is The Reason, and more, due October 15. Pre-order the album via Siren Records, view the tracklist below, and see the album art in the replies.

Track Listing:
1. Out There (feat. Karl Larsson, Last Days of April)
2. Start Choppin’ (feat. Jason Beebout, Samiam)
3. What Else is New (feat. Garrett Klahn, Texas is the Reason)
4. On the Way (feat. Blair Sheehan, Knapsack/The Jealous Sound)
5. Not the Same (feat. Davey Warsop, Suedehead/Beat Union)
6. Get Me (feat. Garrett Klahn, Texas is the Reason)
7. Drawerings (feat. Karl Larsson, Last Days of April)
8. Hide (feat. Davey Warsop, Suedehead/Beat Union)
9. Goin’ Home (feat. Jason Beebout, Samiam)
10. I Ain’t Sayin (feat. Blair Sheehan, Knapsack/The Jealous Sound)

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 24
12:04 PM on 09/10/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.

Press ReleaseTuesday, September 10th 2013, LOS ANGELES: In the wake of Dinosaur Jr’s 20-year anniversary of their early 90s rock staple Where You Been, an all-star cast of players have partnered with Siren Records for a front-to-back cover album entitled Where We Been. The lineup includes bassist Ed Breckenridge (Thrice), guitarist Sergie Loobkoff (Samiam, Solea, Knapsack), and drummer/producer Roger Camero (No Motiv, Peace’d Out) – with vocal appearances from Garrett Klahn (Texas is the Reason, Atlantic/Pacific, Solea), Jason Beebout (Samiam), Blair Sheehan (Knapsack, The Jealous Sound), Karl Larsson (Last Days of April), Davey Warsop (Suedehead, Beat Union), and keys courtesy of Steve Choi (RX Bandits, Peace’d Out). FELLED TREES’ rendition of “Get Me” features lead vocals from Texas is the Reason vocalist Garrett Klahn, and will serve as the first single from Where We Been.

The project was originally intended as a simple bedroom recording-type arrangement between Garrett Klahn and Sergie Loobkoff. Once the two connected with Siren Records, the project quickly transitioned into something feasible and special. Shortly after the connection was made with Siren, Roger Camero and Ed Breckinridge rounded out the instrumental side while a vocal section of epic proportions featuring Karl Larsson, Blair Sheehan, Jason Beebout, and Davey Warsop with Steve Choi on keys brought FELLED TREES to fruition.

“This was originally meant to be something small with Garrett and myself when he was in LA doing the Texas is the Reason Reunion – probably some acoustic guitars, a few mics, some keys, and Garageband,” says Loobkoff on the origins of FELLED TREES. “We intended it to be called Solea, actually – a small reunion of sorts. Once we got in touch with Siren, who connected us to Roger, and we asked Eddie to play bass – suddenly we had a band, a label, and a studio.” Sergie also discusses each member of the project in detail, highlighting the individual vocal contributions of a marquee lineup:

Karl Larssen (Last Days of April): “Solea played with Last Days in Amsterdam way back in 2003 and both Garrett and I fell in love with his voice, songs, band and, really, him (no sex involved). When Garrett decided he couldn't do this project Karl was the first person I asked and first person to finish. He recorded his vocals in his studio in Stockholm, Sweden.”

Jason Beebout (Samiam): “While on Samiam tour in Europe may 2013, Jason caught wind of the project. I think he overheard me talking about it in an interview. Originally, it didn't occur to me to ask him as I thought he would think it was a silly idea...but he was stoked on it and did it at the Green Day studios in Oakland, CA. where we did the last Samiam record.”

Blair Shehan (Knapsack, The Jealous Sound): “Coincidently, The Jealous Sound were going on hiatus and Knapsack were discussing a possible reunion when I asked Blair to join up. Without this serendipitous turn of events, he most likely would have been too busy to partake...we were very lucky. Jealous Sound has a hook up with the Foo Fighters studio (where they recorded their last record) much like Samiam's coat-tail riding with Green Day so he was planning to record his vocals there...but due to scheduling conflicts he had to drive all the way to Orange County and record with Roger...for which he surprisingly did no grumbling about!”

Davey Warsop (Suedehead, Beat Union): “Davey is a good friend of Roger's who on paper is the odd man out. He is an expat from Birmingham, England who never was in a postpunk band like the rest of us. Basically he is a soul singer, but he loves Dinosaur Jr and is the only member of this collective that has a tattoo to prove it. He recorded his vocals at Roger's studio.”

Steve Choi/Toki (Peace'd Out, RX Bandits): "Steve owns the studio with Roger and was around alot with his adorable shitzu Toki. He played cheerleader and some keyboards while Toki gnawed on our ankles and barked (notably the song 'Not The Same')."

The debut album will officially drop on October 15th, and will be available exclusively via the Siren Records webstore. Where We Been will press to 12” vinyl – 250 turquoise, 250 white and 50 clear (exclusive bundle-only pressing w/ autographed jacket). Fans can purchase pre-order packages HERE. In addition to pre-ordering the new album, fans can enter to win the only acetate pressing of Where We Been. More information: http://ymlp.com/xgmmhhyugmguu

Dinosaur Jr’s Where You Been was released in 1993 on Negro/Sire Records and is available for sale online and at your local retailer. Siren Records and Felled Trees fully encourage and support buying it. For more information on FELLED TREES, visit www.soundthesiren.com.
12:05 PM on 09/10/13
Ghostpsalm
Really Impressive Title
User Info.
Great members. Great guest vocals. Yeah... count me in.
12:11 PM on 09/10/13
eriatarka24
User Info.
Cool! Will listen
12:26 PM on 09/10/13
Jasper112
Registered Member
User Info.
I wanna know what the hell Teppei is up to these days.
12:26 PM on 09/10/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The vinyl for this thing is rad. So excited to be a part of this.

12:48 PM on 09/10/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
This is neat
12:59 PM on 09/10/13
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
Sounds sweet, will check this out.
01:01 PM on 09/10/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
thats kinda cool
01:30 PM on 09/10/13
atthegates
User Info.
I wanna know what the hell Teppei is up to these days.
Teppei is running his brand of handmade leather goods. http://www.teranishibrand.com
01:31 PM on 09/10/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Was kinda hoping the Breckenridge brothers project would be next for them. Hmm. Wonder what the status on that is.
01:34 PM on 09/10/13
BlackTaxi2d
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
out there is one of the best songs ever recorded. you can just feel the emotion in the guitar.
01:43 PM on 09/10/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Was kinda hoping the Breckenridge brothers project would be next for them. Hmm. Wonder what the status on that is.
When we interviewed Eddie for this, it seemed like the brothers' project together is still a ways off.
02:57 PM on 09/10/13
serotoninzero
User Info.
Teppei is running his brand of handmade leather goods. http://www.teranishibrand.com
My god, those wallets are beautiful.
04:08 PM on 09/10/13
osicky
User Info.
wow, bad ass.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT