Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts.
08:14 AM on 09/11/13
Skinkie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Happy to see the praise heaped on the live version of Best Thing You Never Had, good as the album version is, live is a whole different beast.
10:05 AM on 09/11/13
Skinkie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The longer mix is OK, the Remix Jam would have gone on a bit too long for the album breaking the flow too much, and if I'm not misremembering, it also starts with Sunny Day Real Estate
11:53 AM on 09/11/13
Skinkie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Gotta start at the beginning and listen to all of his stuff. Only heard the past few albums but I really like them and have been a fan since Sycamore Meadows. Should I bother with anything pre-Marvelous 3?
There's some good stuff on the Floyds and Floyds Funk Revival album, but nothing I'd go questing after till after you've already heard all the solo/Marvelous 3/1969 stuff. Definitely hardcore fan space
05:32 AM on 09/20/13
Skinkie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Everything you said about "Mixtape" is pretty spot on. That was also the first Butch song I heard. I haven't listened to this full album in a while and I definitely will be revisiting it this afternoon. The emotion in each of these songs gets me each and every time.

For as much as I love this record I've never gotten too much in to his other stuff. I know a few Marvelous 3 songs and like them and I have I Liked You Better When You Had No Heart and really like a few songs but it hasn't hit me in the same way.
If Letters is your thing, the next one you may want to try is Sycamore Meadows. Your thought on I Liked It Better... seem to mirror those of a lot of the other commenters here. Good, but not as great as the rest of his stuff, so I wouldn't let that deter you too much
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums