Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
08:32 AM on 09/11/13
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
People are always surprised when I tell them my favorite song from this album is "State Line" haha. It's also one of my favorite songs period. I guess the fact I had to search for it as a hidden bonus track made it even more special for me.

I vividly remember the day this came out and the hype on the old Butch Walker boards about this album --- and the rest is history, because this album stuck with me from the week I turned 21 back in late August 2004 until today.

I used to have the extended version of "#1 Summer Jam" on a CD somewhere. Wish I still had it. I love the 'remix' tacked on to the end.
01:24 PM on 09/11/13
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
The longer mix is OK, the Remix Jam would have gone on a bit too long for the album breaking the flow too much, and if I'm not misremembering, it also starts with Sunny Day Real Estate
Yup. That was the first version he released, and I believe the third song he released before the album itself. I think I got it off WinMX or something haha
01:28 PM on 09/11/13
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
I really don't understand why "Stateline" is a hidden track. Has he ever explained that? My brother doesn't count it as the closer because it's technically not a part of the official tracklist (as the tracks appear on the CD), but it's probably my second or third favorite album grand finale ever. Wish he would play it live more often.

Didn't even know the longer version of "Summer Jam" was out there. Going to have to try tracking that down.
I should commend you on undertaking this project. It's really awesome to see others who love Butch as much as I do -- there's a nice small community here of people with sincere adoration for the man, and to see your passion and enthusiasm come through in your very thorough and very specific reviews is simply awesome.

I hope the man himself sees them and reads through them, because I like to believe you speak for many of us when writing these out.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests