AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Equal Vision Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

A Lot Like Birds "No Place" Album Details

Posted by - 08:00 AM on 09/12/13
A Lot Like Birds will release No Place on October 29 via Equal Vision Records. The artwork can be seen in the replies.

Track Listing
01) In Trances
02) No Nature
03) No Nurture
04) Next to Ungodliness
05) Connector
06) Myth of Lasting Sympathy
07) Hand Over Mouth, Over and Over
08) Kuroi Ledge
09) Recluse
10) Shaking of the Frame

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 47
08:01 AM on 09/12/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.

Sacramento, CA’s A Lot Like Birds will release their new full-length album, and Equal Vision Records’ debut - No Place, on October 29.

The dynamic ten track album takes listeners on an eerie roller coaster of beautiful chaos, with arching cinematic interludes laced between destructive gut-wrenching, chill-inducing masterpieces. The complex construction of No Place sets one into a mesmerizing world of darkness and dread led by urgency, intensity and fear.

The album was recorded with Kris Crummett [Closure In Moscow, Fear Before], who also recorded the band’s previous release, Conversation Piece.

“I have always been prone to gravitate towards the more grandiose side of composing, to a nearly unachievable extent when time limits are involved, since day one of this band. From experimenting with a wide array of instruments (strings, horns, auxiliary percussion), to incorporating various programming (beats, synths, MIDI instruments), to a lot of effects and effect modulation, completing the vision on this album required a lot of hard work and patience. Kris [Crummett] embodied both of those skills, along with incredible diligence, and honestly to a point of near disbelief from the rest of us," reveals guitarist Michael Franzino. “He genuinely cared about this, and without him this record quite literally would not have happened.”

No Place showcases A Lot Like Birds idiosyncrasies through dark, intricate soundscapes, that range from crazy and chaotic to beautiful and melodic. Thematically the album revolves around a single concept, exploring the emotions behind rooms in a home. Guitarist Ben Wiacek elaborates, “The idea was to identify the emotional dichotomy of the "home" experience; the home is a place of serenity and/or a place of chaos. You'll notice this album is much darker but more focused than anything we've done before, and I hope we achieved something that will be considered important and relevant to a lot of people's lives.”

"It's no secret that musicians can spend more time on the road than they do at home, but aside from that, a home had been a completely lost concept to me for the past few years," adds co-vocalist Cory Lockwood. “And as I realized that I felt more at home while away from my "hometown" and felt more sheltered with no guarantee of shelter each night, I really started to examine the idea of home. What a home means to a person, and with further exploration, what each particular room can mean. We had already been discussing the direction of our next album and how we might want to try our hand at one particular concept. And so this was the concept I brought to the table: let's build a house. Each song, one room. Important to itself but still a part of the whole.”

In regards to the album title, Lockwood explains, “I had been playing around with idioms regarding the idea of home, and while thinking about the phrase '...there's no place like home...' I thought to myself, that in our positions, no place IS home. We make a home of any place that we happen to be in at that time, and then we move on. So the title No Place stuck. “

Illustrator Bradley Edwards created A Lot Like Birds’ spectacular cover artwork for No Place, which depicts his detailed interpretation of the house represented in the album, and fills the home with dark creatures, items and symbols that directly correlate to the album’s lyrics. Edwards also designed the band's cover art for Conversation Piece.
08:05 AM on 09/12/13
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
User Info.
Oh my god, didn't even know they went into the studio. Seriously if this is even remotely close to Conversation Piece, this might be my AOTY. Awesome art and tracklisting. So so so so soooo excited now.
08:11 AM on 09/12/13
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Yeah, no idea they were working on stuff. Should be goood.
08:21 AM on 09/12/13
positiv-o
throwing punches at ocean waves
User Info.
That artwork, incredible. I still notice new stuff on the cover of Conversation Piece. They played two new songs last week that sounded incredible, I can't wait to hear new recorded music from them!
08:23 AM on 09/12/13
defmytones
User Info.
Gotta say I'm far more excited for this than new DGD coming out right around the same time.
08:36 AM on 09/12/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
It took me a while to get into Conversation Piece but once I did- I loved it.

Looking forward to this.
08:57 AM on 09/12/13
Sawhney[rusted]
User Info.
This has the possibility of being one of the best post-hardcore releases ever (in my book). Conversation Piece was so intricate and beautifully paced that if they can top that, shiteeeeeeee. Sounds like they put a lot of thought and effort into the record, and I love the concept. Album artwork rules also. Can't wait.
09:09 AM on 09/12/13
xnalax
User Info.
So stoked. Didn't know they were working on new stuff. Can't wait for October.

Conversation Piece is one my favorite artworks. I'm glad they went with the same concept.
09:16 AM on 09/12/13
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
This is one of those bands I appreciate as musicians, but the vocals are incredibly grating.
09:20 AM on 09/12/13
xtbs7645x
User Info.
Very excited for this album! Kinda found their last album by accident and absolutely fell in love with it :) Hoping they went a little more trippy on this one.
09:23 AM on 09/12/13
CPF--FBR
http://connorfeimsterphoto.com
User Info.
AOTY. Calling it. It'll more than likely kick your dick in.
09:46 AM on 09/12/13
nowFace
You're irreversible
User Info.
Ooooooooohhhhh my God! So fucking intrigued by this concept, and I still jam to Conversation Piece on a regular basis.
10:02 AM on 09/12/13
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
this is gonna be good.
10:15 AM on 09/12/13
TAI182
User Info.
It took me a while to get into Conversation Piece but once I did- I loved it.

Same here. I think it's definitely a grower.

Very excited for this album.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version