Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 46
12:43 PM on 09/14/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Dustin has clout as a caring, smart and kind person, so until he comes out and speaks directly against gays or other races, or women, Ill take him at his word rather than Driscoll's, who seems to be a bit more abrasive in his messages and beliefs. I do agree that the Mars Hill involvement looks bad on the surface, but I don't understand why people have to be so "us vs. them" about everything. Even before MH, he's done more for worthy charities and human causes than most of us can say, so it's not like he's some monster detriment to society. People need to take a step back.
Mars Hill usually doesn't tolerate dissent, which is why it's hard for many of us to believe that he has any issues with those views.

Yeah, I'm not personally gonna outright insult him or even refer to him personally as a homophobe or something unless he says or does something negative, but i do think the criticism of his association with Mars Hill is completely warranted.
01:27 PM on 09/14/13
Flags of Dawn
King Shit With That Crown of Flies
User Info.
Yeah, and I get totally get that. I just think a lot of people are so quick to judge and try to tear someone down without really taking time to think about it, and it pretty much goes against everything both sides are trying to stand for in regards to treating others well.
04:48 PM on 09/14/13
atticusfinch
Faith In More Than Steel
User Info.
Like I said, if you type "Mark Driscoll Racist" into your search engine, you'll be provided with 3 pages (if you're using google) of links with his own comments, accusations, and more about Driscoll and racism. Make your own conclusion, that's very important. Also don't disregard his misogyny and homophobia among his many other shining character traits.

What are some of your shining character traits? Shut the fuck up dude. Glad to know you think you're better than other humans and clearly have never said anything stupid in your life, or had anything you said taken out of context. Who are you to judge other people and their perceived flaws?
04:59 PM on 09/14/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
I'll just leave this here, because I feel it's slightly relevant. In the 3 years I've been doing music interviews, those who are somewhat connected to Mars Hill have told me they totally get why people see Driscoll as abrasive, but once you get past his strong personality, he's actually a good guy to be around.
04:59 PM on 09/14/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
What are some of your shining character traits? Shut the fuck up dude. Glad to know you think you're better than other humans and clearly have never said anything stupid in your life, or had anything you said taken out of context. Who are you to judge other people and their perceived flaws?
"out of context"? His homophobia and misogyny is pretty obvious. Documents on Mars Hill's website, Driscoll's social networks and his own books are usually what's pointed to.

I think supporting the oppression of entire groups of people is a lot different than a "stupid" comment. That shit should be criticized.
11:00 PM on 09/14/13
Dan CiTi
To Let The World Be
User Info.
He's a talented guy, I hope he can build well on the alternative / indie folk / folk rock-esque stuff of his first solo well. It was nice little record.
09:32 AM on 09/15/13
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
I'll just leave this here, because I feel it's slightly relevant. In the 3 years I've been doing music interviews, those who are somewhat connected to Mars Hill have told me they totally get why people see Driscoll as abrasive, but once you get past his strong personality, he's actually a good guy to be around.
I'm sure there are people who say that about Klan members too.
01:32 PM on 09/15/13
ValleyForge
User Info.
I'm sure there are people who say that about Klan members too.
Ha! What a comparison
06:43 PM on 09/15/13
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
Both are members of groups that promote hate and oppression of a whole group of people.
12:46 AM on 09/16/13
That Dude
That one dude, yeah him.
User Info.
I'm glad that he's standing up for what he believes in and is doing what he feels he's been called to do. I'm not as big of a fan of this new record from what I've heard, mainly because I don't like the style as much, but I'm glad he's doing it. I just find it ironic how people think he's brainwashed and racist because he's with Mars Hill and they can go on happily supporting things like Planned Parenthood who's founder was a well documented racist and said that one of her goals was to lower the population of "lesser races." I just don't get how being a fundamental Christian makes you a ignorant bigot and racist, but supporting something like planned parenthood which has been documented helping sex traffickers and explicitly stating they want to abort black children so there are less of them is somehow "progressive" and socially conscious.
02:51 PM on 09/16/13
Tempspot
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'd just like to say that this is about Dustin Kensrue and not Mark Driscoll. You guys know that, right? Until Dustin starts saying some crazy stuff like what you think Driscoll has said (no research done on that, I'm not into judging celebrity-like figures) then anything beyond that is conjecture. You don't have to support everything your boss says or does even if they tell you to or want you to.
11:53 PM on 10/12/13
bSwJcCMzkY
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
http://groch.com/serv/#17915 tramadol online cod - where to buy tramadol online safely
01:29 PM on 10/15/13
wzEWnKzSye
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
view site… buy tramadol online no prescription needed - tramadol liver
04:58 AM on 10/16/13
XaBPYDbrNh
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
http://groch.com/serv/#51803 tramadol 50mg hcl high - tramadol 50mg generic for ultram
07:39 PM on 10/16/13
iEBXPwNLOc
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
http://groch.com/serv/#29514 tramadol 100 mg sustained release - tramadol for dogs 50mg dosage

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos