AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Third Eye Blind News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Original 3EB Guitar Player Posts Videos Of Riffs

Posted by - 01:16 PM on 09/13/13
In support of XEB (original Third Eye Blind members Kevin Cadogan and Arion Salazar with vocalist John Stephens, performing 3EB songs), Cadogan is posting videos playing guitar sections from the first two 3EB records. Quite the innovative guitar player, so they're definitely worth watching - here's "Graduate," "Darkness," "God Of Wine," "1000 Julys," and "Gorgeous."

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 26
01:16 PM on 09/13/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That hammer-on intro to "Graduate" still blows my mind.
01:26 PM on 09/13/13
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
One of my biggest influences, this is great.
01:30 PM on 09/13/13
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
That XEB video of "Graduate" was so so so terrible, whyyyyy would I want more?

EDIT: oh, these are guitar-only, huh? Nevermind then!
01:34 PM on 09/13/13
irthesteve
User Info.
Jeeze, that facebook page is really really depressing to look through, dudes gotta learn to move on
01:40 PM on 09/13/13
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
User Info.
Great band. They should move on though. If they put this much effort creating something new they might be able to make something better than 3EB. I also know that these guys especially Cadogan were really screwed. It is neat to hear these little clips though.
01:47 PM on 09/13/13
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
I know Stephen is an asshole and it will always be tumultuous between he and the ex-band members, but these guys look so pathetic for being completely unable to move past this crap.

Even the Eagles were able to get over their shitty relationships. Here's some advice for Kevin: write a tell-all book and move on with your life.
01:52 PM on 09/13/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The comments make me think people don't realize how many records Kevin has released since 3EB, that have NOTHING to do with 3EB.
02:09 PM on 09/13/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
So is this a case of FLAG and Black Flag?
02:12 PM on 09/13/13
brettrsd
User Info.
I go back and forth. They reallllly need to move on, but I love these videos and updates. After learning how to play songs from kevin, they are amazing to play and so much fun.

side note: my buddy runs a bicycle shop in SF, and says Stephen Jenkins is a total dick when he comes in haha
02:21 PM on 09/13/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
These guys are sad
02:54 PM on 09/13/13
SeanEBoy2686
twitter = SeanAndHeard
User Info.
I can't get over how much this reeks of desperation. This not Third Eye Blind, even if Jenkins is a dick.
03:10 PM on 09/13/13
irthesteve
User Info.
I go back and forth. They reallllly need to move on, but I love these videos and updates. After learning how to play songs from kevin, they are amazing to play and so much fun.

side note: my buddy runs a bicycle shop in SF, and says Stephen Jenkins is a total dick when he comes in haha

The videos and guitar stuff, etc etc is all cool. But tagging every post with "ORIGINAL THIRD EYE BLIND MEMBERS" and even making a band called XEB is just the absolute worst
03:11 PM on 09/13/13
LouderThanBombs
Fuck NSA
User Info.
Both Stephan AND Kevin are quite talented. It's a shame they didn't make more music together, but those two albums (self-titled and Blue, respectively) are flawless. I'm just happy they're both still making music, on any level.
03:42 PM on 09/13/13
brettrsd
User Info.
The videos and guitar stuff, etc etc is all cool. But tagging every post with "ORIGINAL THIRD EYE BLIND MEMBERS" and even making a band called XEB is just the absolute worst
Yeah it's gotten old. A few years back it was interesting when he had his own forum and would talk to like the 30 people that were part of it (surfacingsubmarine), but this has gotten old. I wonder what he does with his time? well besides this obviously.

I bought the model guitar he recorded s/t with. Only a few are out there in existence. It's a pretty crazy guitar and set me back a pretty penny.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos