Username
Password
Jacks Mannequin News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Jacks Mannequin
Inside AP.net

Andrew McMahon Article in The Hollywood Reporter

Posted by: Jason Tate (09/13/13)
The Hollywood Reporter has an article on Andrew McMahon (Jack's Mannequin, Something Corporate) where he discusses his upcoming album and his work with the cancelled TV series, Smash, and his subsequent Emmy nomination.
"I won't lie, it's not a fear-based pressure, because I'm really excited and I'm really content in the work that I'm doing right now," he continues. "But there is a sense for me right now that I have to make this next thing my calling card. It's going to be my first full-length under my name, and I want it to be my best record. I'm pretty hell-bent on it being so."

Submitted by noozi

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21.
12:53 PM on 09/13/13
Ghostpsalm
Really Impressive Title
User Info.
I'm excited for what's to come from him. I've liked pretty much everything he's put out with SoCo, Jack's, and solo.
01:00 PM on 09/13/13
Greg
User Info.
Really hope the upcoming full length is in a different direction than the EP. I loved everything else he has done, so I still have faith, but that EP was a drop in quality.
01:03 PM on 09/13/13
hiddentrack
I feel fine when you’re in my head.
User Info.
So amazing to see him getting more success and recognition. Seems like just yesterday, we were wearing our orange wristbands. I'd love to see him get an Emmy.
02:59 PM on 09/13/13
OpenIntro
User Info.
I feel like SoCo music flowed to Jack's Mannequin's music quite nicely. It was an easier transition that it has been going from JM to the solo EP. Not that the EP was bad by any means....the songs are great, it's just not the same listening experience.
03:42 PM on 09/13/13
one eight two
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It will be hard for him to top Everything in Transit.
03:56 PM on 09/13/13
jacoco
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
From the Alt Press article that also just came out today: "It’s probably too early to say what it is going to be. I’m definitely taking the opportunity to acquaint myself with the piano in a big way. I think my last couple of records got away from that and it was really kind of this moment where I was like, “Okay, you’re a piano-player. That is your heart and soul.” No pun intended. That’s the best of my work—with me at the piano."

I think he just wanted to get the synthy stuff out of his system with the EP. It's going to be interesting to see where this piano-driven material goes.
09:02 PM on 09/13/13
runningohfive
I know...
User Info.
I can't wait. I loved everything he has done so far.
06:27 AM on 09/14/13
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
User Info.
It's so cool that he was nominate for an Emmy. I never doubt that I'll love whatever music he puts out. Jack's has a special place in my heart and EIT will always be one of my favorite albums, but as long as he keeps writing I'll be happy.
04:32 PM on 09/14/13
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
So amazing to see him getting more success and recognition. Seems like just yesterday, we were wearing our orange wristbands. I'd love to see him get an Emmy.
I'm still wearing it at this very moment ; ) but yeah, it's been a really long time (that's just an exception that I rarely take it off as it's really important to me, although you can't see what's written there).

and yeah, it's gonna be hard to tope some of his previous work, but I have high hopes for it - I like the EP, but I'd agree to prefer a more piano driven record. Gonna be great anyhow.
07:35 AM on 09/15/13
duritzfan13
Order inspires disorder
User Info.
I think Andrew has recognized that EIT is his "best record" though. So if he's trying to top that while going back to more piano driven stuff.. I'm extra stoked. I've loved everything he's done since (and before) though. I did like the EP.
01:33 AM on 09/16/13
mkohler
In the city we'll move slow.
User Info.
Really excited for this. I've enjoyed everything he's released with North and Everything In Transit being my favorite releases.
09:14 AM on 09/16/13
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
I hope he tops it!
10:36 AM on 09/16/13
sammyboy516
User Info.
I'm hoping for a more piano centered sound than the EP had as well. Hope we hear new music soon.
11:48 AM on 09/16/13
babyg299
Peggy sue
User Info.
It will be hard for him to top Everything in Transit.
He already did
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums