Username
Password
Round-Up News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Round-Up
Inside AP.net

Australian Music Round-Up (09/14/13)

Posted by: Deborah Remus (09/14/13)
Head to the replies to read this week's Australian Music Round-Up.

Displaying posts 1 - 5 of 5
10:03 AM on 09/14/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Thanks to Ben and Sam for putting this together.

Australian Music Round-UpNEWS

In the ARIA Album Charts, the #1 position this week was taken on debut by Arctic Monkeys with their new album AM while London Grammar’s If You Wait came in at #2. Also a big week for Australian bands in the top 10 with Tonight Alive’s sophomore release The Other Side debuting at #5 and Violent Soho’s Hungry Ghost landing at #6. Take a look at the full Top 50 here.

Seminal Melbourne punk outfit Bodyjar will release their seventh album Role Model on October 18 through UNFD. The album is the band’s first new material since 2005 and you can check out the video for first single Fairytales here. The band have also announced a national tour to coincide with the release which you can find details for below.

Harmony have signed to Poison City Records for the release of their second album Carpetbombing, due in early 2014. The band have made a track from the effort entitled Cut Myself Clean available for listening here.

The second batch of acts has been announced for the seventh annual Blood, Sweat & Beers fest, with Jen Buxton, Lincoln Le Fevre, Lucy Wilson and Pinch Hitter comprising the acoustic stage for the day. They join a lineup that includes The Nation Blue, Grim Fandango, Lo!, Safe Hands, Oslow and more. The fest takes place at Sydney’s Hermann’s Bar on October 6.

Vance Joy
’s single Riptide has now reached double platinum status in Australia. If you’ve yet to hear the track, check out the official video here.

Hands Like Houses have released a new video for the track Introduced Species which you can check out here. The song comes from the band’s new album Unimagine which saw a release in July through Rise Records.

Brisbane post-rockers We Set Sail will release their long awaited debut full-length Rivals in October. The album was recorded by the band at their practice space/studio Neutral Ground and mastered in the US by Jay Maas (Defeater). Take a listen to a track from the effort entitled Minimalism As An Art Form here.

Sydney’s Solkyri have been announced as main support for Eleventh He Reaches London’s upcoming October album tour. The post-rock outfit released their debut full-length Are You My Brother? earlier in the year.

This year’s edition of the Harvest Festival is reportedly close to cancellation due to poor ticket sales according to Soundwave Touring head AJ Maddah. Acts due to appear at the festival include Franz Ferdinand, Neutral Milk Hotel, Desaparecidos and Volcano Choir.

Gold Coast’s The Lost Cause are teaming up with Melbourne’s Clowns for a split 7” entitled Party ‘Til Death. The record will be available from October 1 and serves as a precursor to new material from both bands. The Lost Cause are soon to release a tour documentary entitled This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things and Clowns are gearing up for the release of their new full-length I’m Not Right on October 10 through Poison City.

Hellions have released a new video for the track The Penultimate Year which you can watch here. The song comes from the band’s debut album Die Young, which will see a release September 20 through UNFD.

TOURS

AUSTRALIAN ARTISTS

Melbourne’s Apart From This have announced a run of east coast shows in support of their recently released full-length In Gloom.

05/10 - House Show, Melbourne [AA]
11/10 - Old Bar, Melbourne [18+]
12/10 - Bang, Melbourne [18+]
18/10 - Woody’s, Byron Bay [18+] w/ Paper Arms, Postblue
19/10 - Crowbar, Brisbane [18+] w/ Paper Arms, Postblue
25/10 - Smith’s Bookstore, Canberra [AA]
26/10 - Beatdisc Records, Sydney [AA]
27/10 - Black Wire Records, Sydney [AA]

Saviour have announced a run of national dates in support of their upcoming debut album First Light To My Death Bed with support from Sydney’s For All Eternity and Perth’s Anchored. Tickets are on sale September 19.

25/10 - Rosemount Hotel, Perth [18+]*
26/10 - YMCA HQ, Perth [AA]*
01/11 - City Band Hall, Mt Gambier [AA]
02/11 - Phoenix Youth Centre, Melbourne [AA - Afternoon]
02/11 - Bang, Melbourne [18+ - Night]
03/11 - Fowler’s Live, Adelaide [LIC/AA]
04/11 - Masonic Hall, Wodonga [AA]
05/11 - The Basement, Canberra [18+]
06/11 - Sohier Park Hall, Ourimbah [AA]
07/11 - Snitch, Brisbane [18+]
08/11 - Tall Poppy Studios, Brisbane [AA]
09/11 - Annandale Hotel, Sydney [18+]
10/11 - Masonic Hall, Blacktown [AA]
*For All Eternity not appearing.

Bodyjar’s national tour in support of new album Role Model shapes up as follows, with support on all dates by Tasmania’s Luca Brasi. Tickets are on sale September 16.

31/10 - Cambridge Hotel, Newcastle [18+]
01/11 - The Hi-Fi, Sydney [18+]
02/11 - Corner Hotel, Melbourne [18+]
07/11 - Brisbane Hotel, Hobart [18+]
08/11 - Uni Bar, Adelaide [18+]
15/11 - Rosemount Hotel, Perth [18+]
16/11 - Prince Of Wales, Bunbury [18+]
22/11 - The Hi-Fi, Brisbane [18+]
23/11 - Coolangatta Hotel, Gold Coast [18+]

INTERNATIONAL ARTISTS

Joey Cape will be touring with Scorpios bandmate Brian Wahlstrom in October and November for a series of shows in tribute to the late Tony Sly of No Use For A Name. Tickets are on sale now.

24/10 - Grace Emily Hotel, Adelaide [18+]
25/10 - Karova Lounge, Ballarat [18+]
26/10 - Reverence Hotel, Melbourne [18+]
27/10 - Brisbane Hotel, Hobart [18+]
30/10 - Cambridge Hotel, Newcastle [18+]
31/10 - Annandale Hotel, Sydney [18+]
01/11 - Crowbar, Brisbane [18+]
02/11 - The Loft, Gold Coast [18+]
03/11 - Beachcomber Hotel, Toukley [18+]

Limp Bizkit will return next month for their first visit since 2012’s Soundwave Festival. Tickets are on sale September 20.

25/10 - Riverstage, Brisbane [LIC/AA]
26/10 - Entertainment Centre, Sydney [LIC/AA]
27/10 - Festival Hall, Melbourne [LIC/AA]
29/10 - Thebarton Theatre, Adelaide [LIC/AA]
31/10 - Metro City, Perth [18+]

Wednesday 13 will be spending Halloween in Australia playing a short run of shows on the east coast in support of new album The Dixie Dead. Tickets are on sale September 19.

30/10 - The Hi-Fi, Brisbane [18+]
31/10 - Metro Theatre, Sydney [LIC/AA]
01/11 - Billboard The Venue, Melbourne [18+]

Daylight will return to Australia in November in support of their latest album Jar with Endless Heights supporting on all dates and Harbourer and Postblue appearing on select dates. Tickets are on sale now.

16/11 - Phoenix Youth Centre, Melbourne [AA - Afternoon] w/ Harbourer
16/11 - Bang, Melbourne [18+ - Night] w/ Harbourer
17/11 - Enigma Bar, Adelaide [LIC/AA]
19/11 - Magpies Club, Canberra [18+] w/ Harbourer
20/11 - Small Ballroom, Newcastle [18+] w/ Harbourer
21/11 - YAC, Byron Bay [AA] w/ Postblue
22/11 - Crowbar, Brisbane [18+] w/ Postblue
23/11 - Hermann’s Bar, Sydney [18+] w/ Harbourer, Postblue
24/11 - Bald Faced Stag, Sydney [AA] w/ Harbourer, Postblue

CLIP OF THE WEEK

Adelaide noisecore quintet Life Pilot released a video this week for the track By The Book. The song comes from the band’s recent split release with Perth’s Statues entitled Compass which you can listen to in full and purchase here. The band are due to support Kvelertak in Adelaide next week.

Contributors: BennyNova and Geology Rocks!
08:27 PM on 09/14/13
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
I must be out of the loop. Had no idea Bodyjar were back! Absolute legends. Listen to them now, everyone.
11:47 PM on 09/14/13
katietheskatie
walking on a wire on the ground
User Info.
love that the gold coast date for joey cape's tour is like two minutes walk from my house. i feel like it will be a bit sad, but no way am i missing out on celebrating tony sly
06:17 AM on 09/15/13
AussieBoy
User Info.
I must be out of the loop. Had no idea Bodyjar were back! Absolute legends. Listen to them now, everyone.
It was only thurs I think it was announced popped up randomly on my Facebook with them havin a clip and free download

The bizkit!!! I'll be limpin with them
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums