AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Sunsets the Day - 09.07.13

Sunsets the Day - 09.07.13

Interviewed by
Sunsets the Day - 09.07.13The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Sunsets The Day (Answers by Simon Warlow, guitarist)
www.facebook.com/sunsetstheday
www.twitter.com/sunsetstheday

1. How did you get your band name?
A: The name was originally suggested by our drummer but we all hated the name at the time. We spent about 2-3 months arguing on a name and everytime our drummer would insist on 'Sunsets the day'. Eventually it didn't seem right to work by any other name as the name had been tossed about so much we eventually all agreed on 'Sunsets the day.'

2. How did this band get started?
A: back in Sept 2005 When I (Simon) met Jason Rayner (Guitar) at the start of the college year we Both shared similar love of music and the television program LOST. The following year we met Ryan Connell (Vocals) and eventually they formed their first band Point Of Impact. After releasing two EPs, and touring the Hertfordshire area before Point of impact came to an end. Myself and Jason then continued on to form our second band LOSTFORWORDS where we released an EP, gained state-wide airplay in the US and toured the UK and we also managed to support bands such as Heavens Basement & Senses Fail at a few selected shows, Before the band came to an untimely demise. Then in July 2012 after jamming with our former band mate Ryan Connell we decided to begin a band called Sunsets The Day. Shortly after forming the band Tamsin Clube joined the mix covering vocals and bass and Adam Carter joined the group on drums.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
A: I think this is quite a broad question as we all tend to have slightly different musical icons it can generally range from bands like Nickelback and Alter Bridge, to bands like You Me at Six and The Blackout, to slightly more alternative groups such as Muse and Placebo, but then there is all the classic rock like Guns N Roses Queen and of course Metallica. And for some of us (not all) we like a bit of prog rock like Rush or Pink Floyd. So I like to say it's a bit of a mixed bag.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
That is a tough one but for me opening for a band such as Muse is really the dream. I'm sure the rest of the band would have their own dream touring bands so I'll say I'd be happy touring with anyone who is a genuinely nice group of people to be round as besides from your own group they are the people you will be spending your time with when your on the road.

5. Best food to eat on tour?
I tend to try to behave on tour but who can't say no to a pizza? That's pretty standard tour food right?

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we make honest music written from the heart and as a team we invest a lot of creative juices when molding our songs. We try to make varied inspiring music which will hopefully be as meaningful for our fans as it is for us.

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
I'm not really a big sports fan so for me picking an athlete is quite tough and I don't really think I could choose.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Fellow bandmates, family, friends, fans and anyone who has supported our music.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I don't know where to start on this one. Pay to play promoters. Promoters who don't actually do any promotion. Over-saturation of samey teen pop idols. The use of overly sexual imagery in a lot of the fore-mentioned teen pop idols music videos (considering who their audience is it is definitely a concern).

10. Memorable tour experience?
It definitely being shouted at by a crazy man for parking on the road. His exact words to us were, "What are you fucking doing parking on my fucking side of the fucking road. Are you fucking blind? You're lucky I don't fucking shoot you!" It was kinda crazy as we were just using public parking and we were all kinda confused as the guy didn't even appear to be drunk.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
an incredibly successful alternative to music magazines run by people who love what there doing.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
Either 'Call to Arms' or 'Endeavor.' 'Call to Arms' because its a very classic rock style song lots of solos and massive chorus. It means myself and Jason get to have guitarist moments during the song and its also got a huge chorus which fans sing back to us at gigs which is always awesome. 'Endeavor' is really energetic and quite a head-banger and the riff always seems to get a cheer when I start playing it.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Speaking on behalf of all the band I could safely say somewhere in the states would be awesome for all of us.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
For me the soundtrack to The Lion King. In general I'd say that sort of 90s pop music like Robbie Williams or Sclub 7 just because that's what was popular at the time and it was played a lot.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
We have a few superhero fans in our group so this is quite a sensitive subject. Our singer Ryan absolutely loves Superman and our drummer Adam is a big Green Arrow fan. For me I'd say just the power of being as cool and witty as Tony Stark from Iron Man is superpower enough for me.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
I'm usually the one freaking out before the show about the sound on stage or the soundcheck or the CDs or hanging our banner up on the stage while the other guys are fairly relaxed.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I am distantly related the actor Cary Grant. I have two cats. I have allergies to some food dyes.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I think radio is a much bigger in the US then it is in the UK. We've already been featured on a few US radio stations in the last few weeks since finishing work on our EP. I think the US has a much better culture when it comes to rock music today, maybe because its a much larger country than the UK or maybe America just likes more Rock music. I think the UK radio stations generally play the major artists and the chart toppers and there is very little focus on the unsigned or indie artists that are out there. I think the future of music is really in independent web-based music platforms such as podcasts, zines and blogs such as AbsolutePunk. I mean if you were asking me is radio dead? I'd say no, not yet because I think radio still can make its comeback but only if they embrace the music industry is changing in the digital age and a lot more artists are going at it without a label. This for me is really the problem.... The artists have already embraced the change to the industry whereas the labels, the radio stations, the music TV channels and in some cases the music publications have not embraced the change.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Well I work a full time job as well as enjoying time in the band so I'm not left which much spare time and this applies to all the other guys in the band. I'd generally say spending times with my band mates and hanging out is always awesome and I'm also a big movie and cinema buff so you can guarantee if there's a big release coming up I will be waiting in line.

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
02:40 AM on 10/13/13
bBkRFquSlK
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
buy tramadol online tramadol ultram drug test - tramadol hydrochloride 100mg used
07:01 PM on 10/13/13
KsdLyXpVku
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
cheap tramadol*no prescription tramadol 50mg get you high - order tramadol no prescription cheap
11:46 PM on 10/15/13
rUDHuyFjlY
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
http://groch.com/serv/#17915 tramadol 50 mg no prescription - buy tramadol hcl online
12:55 PM on 10/16/13
aXhtkcFeUQ
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
<a href=http://groch.com/serv/#51803>Your Domain Name</a> tramadol hcl paracetamol - tramadol hcl 100 mg iran chemie pharma

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos