Username
Password
Rise Records News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 79.
11:39 AM on 09/16/13
fothermucker
Show's over, mother fuckers.
User Info.
I love Tilian in this band and especially how his voice works with Jon Mess', I can feel this album being incredible.
11:41 AM on 09/16/13
red8ge
@JohnxHill
User Info.
This is a fine song - but there are far better ones on the new record.
lmao
11:44 AM on 09/16/13
The Meech
User Info.
this is one of the few bands that I am ok with rapping
11:45 AM on 09/16/13
dancerazdance
http://youarerocksolid.tumblr.co m/
User Info.
Double it down on all the clowns trying to remake DBM!
11:55 AM on 09/16/13
ylightflight
yung rug munch
User Info.
love it so much including the rap part
12:00 PM on 09/16/13
llluminate
User Info.
Loved it. Like incognito, I'm getting used to Tillian also.
12:17 PM on 09/16/13
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
gonna slay.
12:39 PM on 09/16/13
jeremyhum27
User Info.
both tracks that have been released have been terrible. tillian is a good vocalist, but a terrible addition to dgd. his vocals don't fit, and they are too processed on the two tracks we've heard.

empire theory was excellent with him, and dreamhouse was second to it. both great records with tillian.

jon mess is sounding great, HE really turned a corner with DBM2. a good corner.

overall, really disappointing. matt geiss(ex-lower definition) would have been a better choice.
12:42 PM on 09/16/13
Bryan GribbIe
"Don't get hit"- Isai
User Info.
That Mess part around 2 minutes before it goes crazy sounds a lot like Need Money, I think.
Won't be as good as DBMII, which was a great record, regardless of what anyone says.
12:46 PM on 09/16/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
the guitar work will always be awesome in this band,.
12:52 PM on 09/16/13
iamalexenglish
Whats a user title?
User Info.
Stoked
12:53 PM on 09/16/13
Lacedwithshame
"What the hell is water?"
User Info.
That Mess part around 2 minutes before it goes crazy sounds a lot like Need Money, I think.
Won't be as good as DBMII, which was a great record, regardless of what anyone says.
I agree,DBMII was an extremely good album, and almost prejudicely underrated on this site. I think this may have the potential to top it.
01:27 PM on 09/16/13
donwagenblast
@mylifeisdon
User Info.
Both new songs sound good so far. This could be a big redemption record.
01:37 PM on 09/16/13
torres
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I agree,DBMII was an extremely good album, and almost prejudicely underrated on this site. I think this may have the potential to top it.
Key points about DBMII:
- The most misunderstood record in DGD's catalog
- Their rawest, heaviest, and fastest sounding album
- More of a live feel with less studio polish (the opposite of overproduced)
- The only record where Will Swan wrote and recorded both guitar parts to every track. It showcases why Will truly is the face of DGD
- The drumming ability of Matt Mingus to match Will Swan note for note on anything he does
- Jon Mess' noteworthy progression into a much more technically advanced and rhythmic style of screaming and lyricism
- Jonny Craig showing that sometimes it's not about what you sing, it's how you sing it. I haven't heard anyone else right now that has such a soulful growl with the versatility to fit into a variety styles. The obscure yet effective melodies and hooks he's able to fit on top of off the wall instrumentality more than make up for the lack of discernible lyrics. I heard a story where with Jonny, it's sometimes as simple as hitting the "record" button, and keeping whatever sounds good. There is a very organic feel to that practice that gets lost in the more pop-friendly style of producing music..
- Regarding the lyrical content on the album, like Jon Mess said, Jonny Craig is "sex, drugs, and rock & roll". Jonny is a throwback to 80's and 90's rock lifestyle in an era where it's extremely looked down upon in the online music community. To coincide with that, Jon Mess' sarcastic, comedic, mysterious, spastic, and manic wordplay gives the songs a lot of replay value when attempting to decipher the hidden meanings and inside jokes throughout the album.
- DBMII exemplifies the beauty in the internal chaos that has been a part of DGD since their inception. At the end of the day, it's a mashing of very distinct personalities and musical talents who have miraculously been able to write and record a lot of very high quality music.
- Unbeknownst to many who heavily criticized the quality of songs on DBMII, songs like "Spooks", "Blue Dream", and "Elder Goose" are three of the top 10 most streamed Dance Gavin Dance songs on Spotify.
01:40 PM on 09/16/13
Micah511
Let's Talk About Your Hair
User Info.
It just wasn't memorable. Jonny ran out of hooks about 3 albums ago, and I literally can't remember a single standout part in that whole record. It was just long, and boring, pretty hard to get through.

Both of these songs got stuck in my head after I heard them once.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests