|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
Batwings Catwings - 09.08.13
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
Texting back and forth and we thought, Batwings...we were kind or whatevers with it, then our old guitar player Pepper texted Batwings Catwings...it stuck.
2. How did this band get started?
Clay saw Dana jump on stage with friends Foot Village and start screaming through a megaphone at The Smell is L.A....his band was splitting up, and he so was Dana's....he hit her up and and started BWCW.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Tons...but mostly local L.A. bands...friends bands...you know. We love a big variety, from Prince to Fugazi to Poison to Kanye.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Probably with Fucked Up....we like rowdy shows.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Fruit and energy drinks.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
If you like to sing along to songs and have fun...that's what we do!
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
We like basketball, and superheros...so maybe Shaq....Haha!
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Our moms for sure!
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Well, people complain a lot about the way things are now...but we're fine with it. Can't beat em, join em. There is tons a great music available to everyone everywhere now...it's saturated but encourages people to keep playing and creating. We like that. Just hope that people are not spoon fed their music and search out other interesting music.
10. Memorable tour experience?
6 shows in 36 hours at SXSW.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
ROCK N ROLL
12. What is your favorite song to play?
New single, "September." Sing-a-long.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
We like tropical or by the pool in Palm Springs.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Early rap and hair metal.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The power of suggestion. "You will let us open for the Foo Fighters at Staples Center, you will we say." Haha...Jedi type stuff.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Not really, just not to be too drunk and stay hydrated.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We are really simple, we don't even really identify as band people...we just get together for fun and play songs.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
In L.A. if you are on regular rotation at KROQ, you are huge instantly. We also have KXLU which is awesome for L.A. underground. Radio is still a powerful medium.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Archery, basketball, skating, partying, drawing, learning.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
We can all twerk really good.
01:23 AM on 10/13/13
where to buy tramadol online usa - online pharmacy usa tramadol
10:38 AM on 10/13/13
ultram side effects in men - tramadol online credit card
02:20 PM on 10/13/13
<a href=http://groch.com/serv/#29360>buy tramadol</a> tramadol for dogs in liquid - tramadol overdose how much is fatal
10:33 PM on 10/16/13
<a href=http://groch.com/serv/#31746>Go Here</a> buy tramadol online - tramadol dosage medication
01:36 AM on 10/18/13
<a href=http://groch.com/serv/#17915>cheap tramadol</a> buy tramadol usa next day delivery - tramadol 50 mg kapseln
07:37 AM on 10/18/13
<a href=http://groch.com/serv/#45172>YOURURL</a> buy tramadol cheap no prescription - what is tramadol high like
More From This Author
Buy the Music