10:10 AM on 09/17/13
texan4lif281
User Info.
Beautifully written review.
10:31 AM on 09/17/13
raptorz44
One Who Gets Away/NJ Success Story
User Info.
For whiny, high-pitched Chris Conley, this is his best. I legit can't get the hook for Xenophobic Blind Left Hook out of my head. Definitely their best album (as a whole) since Stay What You Are (when looking at the overall strength of the album).
10:54 AM on 09/17/13
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Good review, I definitely dig this album, I can't tell if I like it more than Daybreak but it's definitely one of the bands best records. A lot of these songs are their best since SWYA. I saw them the other day and they absolutely killed it and get to see them Friday too!
11:14 AM on 09/17/13
PoisonedWithInk
Put Your Heart Where Your Mouth Is
User Info.
this record is soo amazing. very groundbreaking for saves the day. I'm not saying that they're previous albums wernt any good either. Its gonna be hard to top this one for sure
11:24 AM on 09/17/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
This is the bands worst album IMO. It's seriously such a boring record with cringe worthy songs. I think the only song I actually like is "till the in between" but the rest is just bad. I'm a huge STD fan so I'm bummed on this record.

After the progression from the last three records....? Yeah this is underwhelming.
11:31 AM on 09/17/13
Boucher187
Jonathan "Mox" Moxon
User Info.
This is the first Saves The Day album where I loved every song front to back in awhile. I think Sound The Alarm was the last to do that for me.
11:41 AM on 09/17/13
j4callen
User Info.
This is the first Saves The Day album where I loved every song front to back in awhile. I think Sound The Alarm was the last to do that for me.
Sound The Alarm is so good that for awhile I thought it was their best album.
12:23 PM on 09/17/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
For me, this is a good (not great) album. It was definitely a grower for me (I love "Remember" and "Verona"), and it still feels more boring to me than most of their discog, but that's all personal preference. I dug it more after repeated listens, but either way, fantastic review Drew. I definitely hear more In Reverie in this that Stay What You Are, and it feels like the band had a lot of fun with it.
12:55 PM on 09/17/13
paoLAWL
Working on my night cheese.
User Info.
The drumming on this is so weak. It really brings it down a notch for me, which is a total bummer.
02:16 PM on 09/17/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Meh. I LOVE Ringpop and Remember, and enjoy a few other songs quite a bit. I don't dislike anything on the record, but think it's overall much weaker than Daybreak.

Ringpop though, might be my song of 2013.
03:06 PM on 09/17/13
wanielledalsh
https://twitter.com/WanielleDalsh
User Info.
Nice review. I really like this record, and I was not the biggest fan of the trilogy. The only track on this album I don't like is Beyond All of Time. Everything else is stellar.
03:07 PM on 09/17/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Meh. I LOVE Ringpop and Remember, and enjoy a few other songs quite a bit. I don't dislike anything on the record, but think it's overall much weaker than Daybreak.

Ringpop though, might be my song of 2013.
haha that's my least favorite song on the record. Funny how that works
03:15 PM on 09/17/13
fowruok
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love Saves the Day, but I'm still surprised how much I really like this album.
03:19 PM on 09/17/13
Jimmy_Love
User Info.
One of the few bands that have never disappointed me. Definitely up there with their best, but I wish it would have come out earlier this summer.
03:30 PM on 09/17/13
sickydicky
outlander!
User Info.
His voice continues to be unique to each album some how.
how does he do it? this does sound the most like daybreak. kinda how STA and UTB were similar but still different

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos