AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Streaming News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Rdio Deal For College Kids

Posted by - 05:48 AM on 09/19/13
If you're in college and have always wanted Rdio but can't afford it because of alcohol probably, now's your chance. They have a special deal running for all you "futures of our generation."

Submitted by perceptrons

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 32
06:33 AM on 09/19/13
sammyboy516
User Info.
Anyone know if I can get this deal applied to my existing account? Sorry if that info is in the link - I can't read it at work.
06:33 AM on 09/19/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Anyone know if I can get this deal applied to my existing account? Sorry if that info is in the link - I can't read it at work.
if you already have the Unlimited and it's not part of a family plan, you should be able to.
06:42 AM on 09/19/13
Frinet
run
User Info.
The question is how long does the 50% off thing last? Will I be back to 10 bucks a month in a year? After I graduate?
06:43 AM on 09/19/13
EastCoastVans
oh, common life
User Info.
Half off? Hell yeah. Already so worth it for $10/ month, $5 is a steal.

I'm already using Rdio on an existing email account. I gotta look into switching to my .edu email.
06:44 AM on 09/19/13
bladerdude360
saved latin. What did you ever do?
User Info.
Yes
Quote:
If you're already an Rdio Unlimited subscriber, the discount will be applied to the next month.
07:09 AM on 09/19/13
slickdtc
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Just started using Rdio after comparing with Spotify using Google searches to research. It was mostly fruitless, there was a surprising lack of information.

It claims the music libraries are nearly identical, but I've found that to be completely false -- at least for what I want to listen to. I've found it most useful for getting to hear music I loved and may have had in the past (hooray for PC crashes) but no longer have possession of. Meanwhile, when I get home and load up Spotify on my laptop, I can search nearly any obscure band and get multiple albums and EP's. Spotify seems to be a better discovery tool then Rdio, while also having all the old music I loved and love too.

The biggest thing Rdio seemed to have on Spotify's mobile app is the user interface, but maybe I'm just used to Spotify's way of categorizing and whatnot, and even though I extremely rarely use the Spotify mobile app, I jumped in and had no problems finding everything I needed to use. Rdio I'm still learning despite having used already more then Spotify's.

When my free trial ends in a few days, I think I'm going to ditch it in favor of Spotify's.

Sorry for the rant, this really isn't the point of this thread, but it has been my biggest tech issue recently as I delve into the world of mobile music streaming and I just had to get it out there.
07:29 AM on 09/19/13
ThirdFromTheSun
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Just started using Rdio after comparing with Spotify using Google searches to research. It was mostly fruitless, there was a surprising lack of information.

It claims the music libraries are nearly identical, but I've found that to be completely false -- at least for what I want to listen to. I've found it most useful for getting to hear music I loved and may have had in the past (hooray for PC crashes) but no longer have possession of. Meanwhile, when I get home and load up Spotify on my laptop, I can search nearly any obscure band and get multiple albums and EP's. Spotify seems to be a better discovery tool then Rdio, while also having all the old music I loved and love too.

The biggest thing Rdio seemed to have on Spotify's mobile app is the user interface, but maybe I'm just used to Spotify's way of categorizing and whatnot, and even though I extremely rarely use the Spotify mobile app, I jumped in and had no problems finding everything I needed to use. Rdio I'm still learning despite having used already more then Spotify's.

When my free trial ends in a few days, I think I'm going to ditch it in favor of Spotify's.

Sorry for the rant, this really isn't the point of this thread, but it has been my biggest tech issue recently as I delve into the world of mobile music streaming and I just had to get it out there.

Agree with pretty much everything you said. Really wish Rdio's music catalog was better, because the design language and Library features are so much better than Spotify.

Only other thing missing from Rdio is the ability to add your own tracks. It would make it perfect.
07:37 AM on 09/19/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
"Because of alcohol probably".....stop projecting Blake!!
08:20 AM on 09/19/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
I'm gonna find someone with a .edu address and re-subscribe. Spotify is too disorganized and clunky for me.
08:25 AM on 09/19/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
Yep. It applies to next months billing if you link it to a .edu email
08:33 AM on 09/19/13
ChristianLFTW
How YOU doin'?
User Info.
How long does the discount last? What are the pros and cons compared to Spotify?
08:36 AM on 09/19/13
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
How long does the discount last? What are the pros and cons compared to Spotify?
The biggest difference for me is on mobile. On Spotify, everything has to be a "playlist" which is really annoying because then you have 344324252 playlists, while rdio is more of a library. It just looks/acts cleaner.
08:52 AM on 09/19/13
ChristianLFTW
How YOU doin'?
User Info.
The biggest difference for me is on mobile. On Spotify, everything has to be a "playlist" which is really annoying because then you have 344324252 playlists, while rdio is more of a library. It just looks/acts cleaner.
I don't make playlists so this won't make a difference for me. I just use the search function on Spotify. So far, I have no reason to make a switch right now.
08:56 AM on 09/19/13
aoftbsten
Go Buffs.
User Info.
Well, this would have been awesome if I hadn't just graduated.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos