10:49 AM on 09/19/13
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
10:50 AM on 09/19/13
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
Love the song, and there's some really cool shots here. I generally prefer videos with shots of the band playing, but this is pretty well done.
02:25 PM on 09/19/13
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
yeah, i can agree, but on a technical level this video is far superior to most music videos I'm used to seeing. it reminded me at times of TREOS' "This Armistice" video.

Also, with "Speak to me" being nothing BUT the band, and "Failures" being pretty half and half, it makes sense for this video to be strictly cinematic.

And just in general, it's awesome to see such a great band getting 3 (debatably 4) vids off of their debut.

Yeah, this is definitely a top notch piece of content - it just seems a little impersonal after the "Spoonful" video was all animated. Let's be real - while we'd love to think that these videos are the band's visual representations of their music, it's often a piece of content that happens to have the band's music placed to it.
02:25 PM on 09/19/13
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
That's funny, I'm the exact opposite. I feel like bands pretending to play over the studio versions of their songs is a cop out and has become a cliche for music videos. It's so overdone! Music videos should be a chance for artists to create a visual accompaniment to go along with their music. While that is a broad statement I love watching music videos that are more creative, interesting, and fun to watch. I also believe if you have the RIGHT music video it can make the song that much better, check out Affiance's Call To The Warrior, that song is 10x better with the music video
Haha, to each their own. I prefer seeing the guys play and react - this video is one of my favorites:
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS