AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Patent Pending News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Patent Pending Post Album Intro Song, Album Clips

Posted by - 08:42 AM on 09/23/13
Listen to a new Patent Pending song titled "There Was a Time" in the replies. It's the intro from their new album, Brighter, which is due out October 8th. You can hear samples of all the tracks on Amazon.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
08:42 AM on 09/23/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
08:45 AM on 09/23/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
This and "Hey Mario" sound nothing alike, which isn't making me more optimistic...
I just really really want this album to be as solid as we all know it can be, and releasing the joke song first was maybe a misstep.

The harmonies are an interesting route though - I'm sure a lot of people will say this sounds like an attempt to rip off the punch that "Some Nights" accomplished, but I don't get that vibe too much.

Edit: Also, I'm glad I never have to submit this band's stuff because you're so on top of it
08:49 AM on 09/23/13
stubbie25
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This and "Hey Mario" sound nothing alike, which isn't making me more optimistic...
I just really really want this album to be as solid as we all know it can be, and releasing the joke song first was maybe a misstep.

The harmonies are an interesting route though - I'm sure a lot of people will say this sounds like an attempt to rip off the punch that "Some Nights" accomplished, but I don't get that vibe too much.

Edit: Also, I'm glad I never have to submit this band's stuff because you're so on top of it

Actually this song was released 1st, just not on here. If you are a backer of their PledgeMusic (as I am), we got a glimpse of this one before "Hey Mario"
08:52 AM on 09/23/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Actually this song was released 1st, just not on here. If you are a backer of their PledgeMusic (as I am), we got a glimpse of this one before "Hey Mario"
"Hey Mario" was also released publicly on YouTube first -- I know the pledge people got the intro last week, but a fan exclusive isn't a release.

Edit - Also regardless, I was speaking more in terms of the rest of the album. "Hey Mario" is still the only full song out there, and the comments in the AP thread about it are indication enough of how it's been received. I feel like they've handcuffed themselves to the silly aspects of their music, and it's been a major reason why they never exploded into wider prominence.

They're on a tier, success-wise, that I don't even know how to define. It's like they're pressed up against the glass ceiling but don't have anything to smash it with.
09:36 AM on 09/23/13
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
I feel like they've handcuffed themselves to the silly aspects of their music, and it's been a major reason why they never exploded into wider prominence.

They're on a tier, success-wise, that I don't even know how to define. It's like they're pressed up against the glass ceiling but don't have anything to smash it with.

This pretty much sums up my feelings as of late for this band perfectly.
10:06 AM on 09/23/13
simplejack
Soundtrack of My Silence
User Info.
one song features Jaret Reddick.. I guess I was right.
10:07 AM on 09/23/13
CoreyMadVillain
http://www.villainsltd.com
User Info.
The first single "Let Go" should be the hammer needed to smash through the glass.
10:15 AM on 09/23/13
stubbie25
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The first single "Let Go" should be the hammer needed to smash through the glass.
I LOVE everything y'all have put it, I don't care what anybody else says! I'm unbelievably excited for this album!
10:20 AM on 09/23/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
gimme!

And can we expect a US run or at least some release shows when the band's back from the Europe or will we need to wait a bit?
10:38 AM on 09/23/13
truthbetoldxx
http://www.milkshakes.bandcamp.c om
User Info.
These songs sound pretty great. This really could be what breaks them through! "Let Go" sounds like something radio could pick up easily.

And I agree with TheDemosRock, I think releasing the "silliest" song on the album as the first taste was a super odd move and gave a weird impression to a lot of people. I enjoy it, however.
11:58 AM on 09/23/13
mnitg
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'd download it once it dropped. I like the vibe.
12:47 PM on 09/23/13
Jat
Where you been?
User Info.
This sounds way different, not what I was expecting.
06:26 PM on 09/23/13
TSLataris
Representin' the 514
User Info.
I was looking forward to this until now. Not feeling these clips at all, but I'll wait to hear the full thing.
07:01 PM on 09/23/13
Bryan Mac
GFYTN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Holy auto-tune.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles