AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 111.
10:43 AM on 09/24/13
j4callen
User Info.
Heard Drake will only put out one more "rap" album after this and then it's straight singing all the time. He's taking piano lessons.
11:22 AM on 09/24/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
I can't stand Juicy J.
Juicy J might be my idol

11:24 AM on 09/24/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Really starting to like this, especially "Hold On" and "From Time." Solid review Jake, though you're considerably kinder about the Jay Z cake rap than I would be.
yeah those two are my favourites, so great. I'm a big fan of pretty much all of it outside of Jay Z though.
11:26 AM on 09/24/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
yeah those two are my favourites, so great. I'm a big fan of pretty much all of it outside of Jay Z though.
Yeah, I like it a fair amount. Could use some trimming, I think, but I really enjoy most of it.
11:35 AM on 09/24/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Yeah, I like it a fair amount. Could use some trimming, I think, but I really enjoy most of it.
I think I'd agree but I already think this is a big step up from how long Take Care was so I can't complain. Only thing I would have cut for sure is the Jay Z bit which sours probably my favourite beat on the album.
11:48 AM on 09/24/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I think I'd agree but I already think this is a big step up from how long Take Care was so I can't complain. Only thing I would have cut for sure is the Jay Z bit which sours probably my favourite beat on the album.

Yeah, Jay Z fucks up the end of the record. I just generally think it loses steam after "Connect" though.
12:22 PM on 09/24/13
streetcar
User Info.
i like the album foreal.. im going on a few listens but you have to admit that he made 16 of the same some with different beats.. i understand that these are key things he's living and wanted to get off his chest but foreal.. "im not over you" "made it with my crew" "my mom and dad" "you are not a hot rapper, i am".
12:23 PM on 09/24/13
streetcar
User Info.
Yeah, Jay Z fucks up the end of the record. I just generally think it loses steam after "Connect" though.
haha this is just hilarious.. talkin bout jay z ruining a drake cd..
12:38 PM on 09/24/13
llluminate
User Info.
haha this is just hilarious.. talkin bout jay z ruining a drake cd..
It's true, though. Jay's verse is shit and he hasn't put out anything respectable in years. Dude is just riding on his reputation.
12:43 PM on 09/24/13
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
Jays verse isn't good but you're all overreacting about how it "ruins" the song.
12:48 PM on 09/24/13
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
It's true, though. Jay's verse is shit and he hasn't put out anything respectable in years. Dude is just riding on his reputation.
watch the throne was huge and there were several songs his verses were better than kanye's
12:55 PM on 09/24/13
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
It's slowly growing on me more, but thus far I still like Take Care a lot more at the moment.

And yet the Jay-Z verse may be the worst part about this record
The Jay Z verse is the worst part of a lot of records.

Edit: I'll add some off the top of my head; The 20/20 Experience, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, all of his parts on Watch The Throne..
12:57 PM on 09/24/13
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
I feel like I am the only one who enjoys Wu Tang Forever the most. That song gets so damn stuck in my head every time.
01:07 PM on 09/24/13
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
User Info.
I feel like I am the only one who enjoys Wu Tang Forever the most. That song gets so damn stuck in my head every time.

One of my favorites
01:14 PM on 09/24/13
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
Probably a top 3 for me. Great track.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News