AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Jason Tate On "100 Words Or Less" Podcast

Posted by - 11:08 AM on 09/24/13
Our CEO/Founder Jason Tate was recently on Ray Harkins' "100 Words Or Less" Podcast.
One afternoon I spoke to Jason Tate, the founder of Absolutepunk.net, about a variety of subjects including focus, handling criticism and where he gets inspired. It's a great look at how to start something and continue to build it into something long lasting. Brought to you in conjunction with Propertyofzack.com. 100 Words is part of the How We Are Network, visit Howweare.org for more information.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
11:25 AM on 09/24/13
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
CEO
11:59 AM on 09/24/13
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
I love Ray's podcasts so really cool you're on there. Will listen later.
12:00 PM on 09/24/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Hate the title or whatever too. Heh.
12:01 PM on 09/24/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
This was recorded a few weeks ago, I forgot everything we talked about since I've recorded like 5 podcasts sense then ... hope it was good/people enjoy.
01:56 PM on 09/24/13
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
Hate the title or whatever too. Heh.

Nah, I think it's cool. If you can get away with it, why not? :)
02:42 PM on 09/24/13
jjm1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My eardrums are once again ringing like crazy, can someone please get those goddamn ads off the site. My volume was at halfway with my head phones on and it started blasting- dont even have to click on them. said it before they are by far the worst ads of any site i go to.
02:46 PM on 09/24/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
My eardrums are once again ringing like crazy, can someone please get those goddamn ads off the site. My volume was at halfway with my head phones on and it started blasting- dont even have to click on them. said it before they are by far the worst ads of any site i go to.
Which ad? The Big Mac ones? They play if your mouse goes over them.
05:05 PM on 09/24/13
jjm1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Which ad? The Big Mac ones? They play if your mouse goes over them.
Yeah the Big Mac ones, and that's why the are the worst ads because you just have to drag the cursor over them and they start playing. Since they take up almost half the top page and i use tabs, when i click on absolutepunk and then drag the mouse down to a story it can start blasting. It wouldnt be as bad if it was someone talking but the music one is set super high- kinda like how commercials are always set so much louder than the show.
05:07 PM on 09/24/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Yeah the Big Mac ones, and that's why the are the worst ads because you just have to drag the cursor over them and they start playing. Since they take up almost half the top page and i use tabs, when i click on absolutepunk and then drag the mouse down to a story it can start blasting. It wouldnt be as bad if it was someone talking but the music one is set super high- kinda like how commercials are always set so much louder than the show.
I agree with you.
05:18 PM on 09/24/13
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
Yeah, the Big Mac ads are annoying as hell, can't tell you how many times I've brushed past them.

Carry on here.
06:41 PM on 09/24/13
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
Listened to this today, was cool hearing Jason's story
07:54 AM on 09/25/13
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
Jason, how do long do your top and side ads usually go for before switching to a new set? Is it just a monthly switch or does it depend on the advertiser?

Also, lol at Levi's and McDonalds. I imagine you don't choose the ads, but if you want we can start a petition to whoever at BuzzMedia does pick them so they're more music-related).
08:21 AM on 09/25/13
Cøltøn
User Info.
100 Words or Less is awesome. Highly recommended for people who frequent this site.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos