Password

Album Review
Fell Far Behind - Reaching the Red Line Album Cover

Fell Far Behind - Reaching the Red Line

Reviewed by
Fell Far Behind - Reaching the Red Line
Record Label: None
Release Date: September 18, 2007
Have you ever been listening to a band that you knew was talented, but still couldn't get into? That's the case with Fell Far Behind. These boys have got some serious talent, and it shows. The musicianship is far above average, and so are the vocals. However, there is just something missing from Reaching the Red Line that stops it from becoming the marvel of pop-punk that it could have so easily been.

For all that Fell Far Behind exceeds at, they have happened upon the one fatal deathblow of pop-punk: their songs just aren't catchy enough. Songs such as "Miss Hyde" and "Of Love and Loathe" have all the necessities of a good catchy pop-punk song, but are missing the hooks that make it worthwhile. Throughout the entire album there wasn't a song that fixated my attention until "Close for Comfort," which is actually the closer of the album. This single song shows all that the band could and should be, and unfortunately, caused me to reflect back upon what the rest of the album should have been.

Unfortunately, the band also play a kind of generic pop-punk that's been repeated time and time again. Really, the only thing separating this band from all of the other carbon copies in the genre is the vocalist's unique voice. However, that factor alone isn't quite enough to let them stand apart from the rest of the numerous sound-alike pop-punk bands and actually takes away from the replay-ability of the album.

From the moment I heard Reaching the Red Line, I wanted to like it. However, things don't always go my way. Whether it's the lack of catchy hooks and choruses, or the lack of creativity, the album just isn't accessible. Fell Far Behind needs to set the line a bit higher next time, or they're going to do just what their name suggests.

Recommended if You LikeCity Sleeps, Sick City, Saosin

myspace.com/fellfarbehind
This review is a user submitted review from Klatzke. You can see all of Klatzke's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
03:46 PM on 06/17/08
stdfly
User Info.
wow. someone reviewed this album. i heard these guys back in the Chasing the dream days and liked them and had to get this one. i agree with you though. for most it might sound a little generic. however i do think the antidote is pretty catchy.
07:08 PM on 06/19/08
Klatzke
Don't give me no hand me down love.
User Info.
wow. someone reviewed this album. i heard these guys back in the Chasing the dream days and liked them and had to get this one. i agree with you though. for most it might sound a little generic. however i do think the antidote is pretty catchy.
Miss Hyde isn't bad either. None of them are just all that interesting.

and yeah , i guess they've had it forever, and i just requested it. lol

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version