AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 46
11:43 PM on 09/24/13
petter182
User Info.
I don't care much for Christianity, or religion in general, but I do have faith - in Dustin. The man gives me goosebumps every time he starts singing. This song is no different.
11:54 PM on 09/24/13
Lucas27
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is incredible. I love how Dustin risks alienating older fans who may not take to his overtly Christian lyrics, yet still doesn't step within the boundaries of lifeless Christian music that would cash in so much money. It shows a refreshing amount of sincerity that's completely lacking in most music today because most artists are so intent on appealing to the masses. Can't wait for this album.
12:42 AM on 09/25/13
Micklovin
User Info.
Not going to deny his talent, but if anyone could ever be called a sellout, it's Dustin. So disappointed he gave up on Thrice for this contrived garbage.

Your opinion became irrelevant the moment you created a username using one lower case, then one capital, and so on.
02:12 AM on 09/25/13
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
I actually like this more than the single that was released, pretty solid track
03:23 AM on 09/25/13
vivatoto56
Welcome to Christmasland
User Info.
Awesome song even for an athiest.
05:18 AM on 09/25/13
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
I'm quite happy with that content for now, and I hope some people could get around it.. I'm starting to become a little sick of comments how this album is too religious - if it doesn't work for people who are not christians than it's ok, is it necessary to bring it up in every thread? Some of you guys should just wait for his follow up to PCH which will also happen sooner or later.

And calling Dustin a sellout is more than idiotic, and I'm glad most people agree with that.. You can say you think he's crazy or whatever, but maybe try to be a little more aware of what selling out actually is (speaking to that one person that made the comment).

That being said, I liked It's Not Enough much more, but it sounds really good.
05:37 AM on 09/25/13
ValleyForge
User Info.
Not going to deny his talent, but if anyone could ever be called a sellout, it's Dustin. So disappointed he gave up on Thrice for this contrived garbage.
Ha! Sellout? He is undeniably less popular than before and is probably not making much more money either.
06:31 AM on 09/25/13
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
Ha! Sellout? He is undeniably less popular than before and is probably not making much more money either.
Sellin' out for christ. Tell the kids, and it'll be all the rage.

This song is written so well, but I cannot get behind lyrics like these. I've always been annoyed from them (although I was a short term OC Supertones fan..) . It doesn't help that my mom went super-catholic, so now I hear all this christ-laden music all the time. More power to him, but my line has been drawn at Jesus Christ by BN.
06:34 AM on 09/25/13
ValleyForge
User Info.
Sellin' out for christ. Tell the kids, and it'll be all the rage.

This song is written so well, but I cannot get behind lyrics like these. I've always been annoyed from them (although I was a short term OC Supertones fan..) . It doesn't help that my mom went super-catholic, so now I hear all this christ-laden music all the time. More power to him, but my line has been drawn at Jesus Christ by BN.

Which, let's just throw it out there, is an unbelievable song.
07:21 AM on 09/25/13
theherox
As of 10/3, pronounced "Thoreau"
User Info.
Oh man! For me, this is easily the best song yet!! It's gets me pumpeddddddd
07:21 AM on 09/25/13
cholly
User Info.
all the tracks sound so good! loving the harmonies in this one.
08:23 AM on 09/25/13
thisisalchemy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The melodies and music are so good. I could see myself loving this so much more if the content of the lyrics were different.
08:27 AM on 09/25/13
thisisalchemy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
ugh, upon another listen it really bums me out how good this is and how powerful it sounds, just those lyrics...

he will be huge in the christian market though, there's no doubt about that. I could hear this all over christian radio and at festivals with a sea of people raising the roof for the big guy upstairs.
09:32 AM on 09/25/13
theagentcoma
Mouthpiece for the Mental
User Info.
As another poster said, this is a breath of fresh air for the genre. It's become so stale that I can only really listen to My Epic.
09:47 AM on 09/25/13
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
yeah, i'm done with this. i can't do worship music.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos