AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

09:54 AM on 02/16/04 
User Info.
bossman calling
True Punk Fan
No Avatar Selected
fallout boy don't have great lyrics, they are the same trendy forced-emotional ones that everyone else is trying to do right now. i wish i wasn't the only one that saw that. and they ruin any seriousness they try to obtain with their lyrics with generic music and chreographed dancing/jumping/guitar swings on stage. and yes i have a copy of their last cd.

great pick on nada surf though

What I've been listening to this past week

Roy - Fueled by Ramen finally put out an excellent five-star album and of course no one here took notice. You were all too busy jocking their shitty bands like Fallout Boy and Punchline. For fans of The Weakerthans, or just feel-good laid back rock and roll. Featuring ex-members of Botch (and a current member of These Arms Are Snakes).
get "Rebel Hymn" here: http://www.fueledbyramen.com/mp3/roy-rebel_hymn.mp3
check them out at www.roytheband.com

Hot Water Music - I've seen em a ton of times and they never get old. Catch them on tour with another great band The Bouncing Souls. I'm going to the Memphis show this Saturday.

Rise Against - Probably the best political/skate punk band out there right now. Revolutions Per Minute was released last year and is a top-notch disc. If you don't own this, run to the nearest store right away and snag a copy.

Cake - One of the most original rock bands of the 90's. Gotta love em.

Local H - Yes, another trip down nostalgia lane, but wait...they put out a new cd last year called "Here Comes the Zoo," and it blows away previous efforts. If you want some real hard alt-rock, check this out, and catch them at the Skate and Surf Festival. They are by far the best thing on that lameass lineup this year.
06:26 PM on 02/16/04 
User Info.
randall814
No Avatar Selected
Lakenheath, UK
Male - 26 Years Old
I have a bunch of recommendations for everyone, so bear with me.

Through The Eyes Of The Dead - like bleeding through? LOVE these guys. metalcore done right, not much else to be said.

Werewolf With Robot Hands - im sorry to use genres, but i want you all to know what my recs sound like. these guys are a bit of emocore. kinda hard to think of who to compare them to. kinda like chiodos bros without a keyboard. excellent stuff right here. and if you dont know who the chidios bros. are, then you need to listen to them and live.

Preacher Gone To Texas - hardcore with a brilliant use of piano and a brutal voice that sounds like its coming from a huge guy. screaming voice, duh. excellent fucking music.

The Grand Finals - hmm, more emocore, kinda like tbs in ways, pretty melodic and i like it. check them out.

The Beautiful Mistake - the only mistake here is to not know who these guys are. i just got a hold of the advance and its really sweet. better than old stuff, check it out.\

Superstitions Of The Sky - dashboard? spill canvas? superstitions of the sky? WHOS ASKING THE QUESTIONS HERE!!? check it out, y'all.

A Prize Worth Killing - this is some pretty good emo with a bit of attitude in the riffs. nothing hardcore, but it sounds great and the lyrics are great too. kinda finchy at times, and kinda.....i dont even know where im going with this, just listen.

Abloom - these guys arent too bad. i dont know much about them, i just got a hold of a couple songs and they werent bad. it seems rather different, and i cant really explain what they sound like. they are rock, and rock is good.

Black Paper Diary - nice melodies, pure hardcore, im getting tired of explaining so ill give you rough ideas and let you all be the judge.

Blue Sky Goodbye - indie with a neat little sound. damn sweet lyrics.

Cold January Farewell - emocore with a hardcore edge and influence, pretty good stuff.

In Ashes We Lie - emocore with cool creativity and also a hard ass edge. these guys are one of the sweeter recommendations i have. definitely check them out.

im sorry if this was too lengthy, or if nobody cares. i just wanted to share some new stuff with everyone that probably hasnt been recommended. we need to get some fresh meat on this scene, because so many talented artists are still in that deep underground shadow of locality, and really deserve to be heard.

to find these artists' music, search google under their band name, purevolume.com, hxcmp3.com, emocore.us, or IM me at 'lilranran 3' minus the quotes, and if im feeling generous ill surely hook you up with samples. thanks everyone!
11:53 AM on 02/18/04 
User Info.
Touched
The shy and quiet one
Scotland
Male - 26 Years Old
Check your pm inbox Jared. :)
08:50 PM on 02/19/04 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
Originally Posted by bossman calling
fallout boy don't have great lyrics, they are the same trendy forced-emotional ones that everyone else is trying to do right now. i wish i wasn't the only one that saw that. and they ruin any seriousness they try to obtain with their lyrics with generic music and chreographed dancing/jumping/guitar swings on stage. and yes i have a copy of their last cd.

You're not the only one....I have "take this to your grave" and im not a fan to say the least

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets