fallout boy don't have great lyrics, they are the same trendy forced-emotional ones that everyone else is trying to do right now. i wish i wasn't the only one that saw that. and they ruin any seriousness they try to obtain with their lyrics with generic music and chreographed dancing/jumping/guitar swings on stage. and yes i have a copy of their last cd.
great pick on nada surf though
What I've been listening to this past week
- Fueled by Ramen finally put out an excellent five-star album and of course no one here took notice. You were all too busy jocking their shitty bands like Fallout Boy and Punchline. For fans of The Weakerthans, or just feel-good laid back rock and roll. Featuring ex-members of Botch (and a current member of These Arms Are Snakes).
get "Rebel Hymn" here: http://www.fueledbyramen.com/mp3/roy-rebel_hymn.mp3
check them out at www.roytheband.com
Hot Water Music
- I've seen em a ton of times and they never get old. Catch them on tour with another great band The Bouncing Souls. I'm going to the Memphis show this Saturday.
- Probably the best political/skate punk band out there right now. Revolutions Per Minute was released last year and is a top-notch disc. If you don't own this, run to the nearest store right away and snag a copy.
- One of the most original rock bands of the 90's. Gotta love em.
- Yes, another trip down nostalgia lane, but wait...they put out a new cd last year called "Here Comes the Zoo," and it blows away previous efforts. If you want some real hard alt-rock, check this out, and catch them at the Skate and Surf Festival. They are by far the best thing on that lameass lineup this year.