AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Fall Out Boy News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Fall Out Boy
Inside AP.net

Deluxe "Save Rock and Roll" Edition Shows Up...

Posted by: Jason Tate (09/26/13)
Fall Out Boy announced they'd be giving more information about the release of the sessions recorded with Ryan Adams on Monday. But, this is the internet, and once shit hits Walmart or Amazon the cat is kinda out of the bag. The information from the online retailers says there will be a physical two disc edition of Save Rock and Roll (Pax Am Edition) that will contain the newly recorded songs on October 15th. According to another reputable source, I've heard there may be a digital release earlier -- around October 8th.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 45.
10:33 AM on 09/26/13
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Still haven't grabbed a copy, so will probably just get this instead. Interested in the new recordings.
10:36 AM on 09/26/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Still haven't grabbed a copy, so will probably just get this instead. Interested in the new recordings.

Agreed. Still pretty lukewarm on the album, but I feel much much more prompted to purchase this version. Hoping 'Fall Out Boy', 'Ryan Adams' and 'old-school-punk' doesn't disappoint.
10:38 AM on 09/26/13
RTD2
Weekender
User Info.
well this should be interesting
10:39 AM on 09/26/13
mattregan
www.twitter.com/vipregan
User Info.
Would be 100000000x better if it was Bryan Adams instead.
10:43 AM on 09/26/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
The timing is odd to me. If it's CD only, it could have been out for the arena tour. This release is after the arena tour, but way ahead of Black Friday and the Christmas season. Kind of just feels like it's filling an odd time gap, but not necessarily taking advantage of anything besides normal fan interest (which of course is high).
10:45 AM on 09/26/13
BloodsuckerPtII
MIZ...ZOU!
User Info.
Would be 100000000x better if it was Bryan Adams instead.

I haven't laughed this hard in a while. Thank you.
10:46 AM on 09/26/13
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
jason, we've really got to do something about this big mac ad.
10:46 AM on 09/26/13
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
Figured this is what would happen.
10:48 AM on 09/26/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
The timing is odd to me. If it's CD only, it could have been out for the arena tour. This release is after the arena tour, but way ahead of Black Friday and the Christmas season. Kind of just feels like it's filling an odd time gap, but not necessarily taking advantage of anything besides normal fan interest (which of course is high).
It's not CD only.

Timing doesn't mean much; it's more for fans than anything else.
10:49 AM on 09/26/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
jason, we've really got to do something about this big mac ad.
Install adblock or something I guess, I dunno man -- I can't do anything about it. I hate it as much as you do, I promise.
10:55 AM on 09/26/13
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Agreed. Still pretty lukewarm on the album, but I feel much much more prompted to purchase this version. Hoping 'Fall Out Boy', 'Ryan Adams' and 'old-school-punk' doesn't disappoint.

The album has some great songs, but also some songs I really don't like - so I've been able to put off grabbing it.
I don't know what I'm expecting with the new stuff (since I'm not a huge fan of most old-school punk or Ryan Adams), but it sounds very interesting. And then remixes of the album could be great too.
10:57 AM on 09/26/13
MattRM
She didn't turn out to be that cool
User Info.
Fuck yes. Glad they're releasing them so quickly.
10:58 AM on 09/26/13
drewbaldy
drewbaldy
User Info.
fuck yes!!!!
11:03 AM on 09/26/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
The album has some great songs, but also some songs I really don't like - so I've been able to put off grabbing it.
I don't know what I'm expecting with the new stuff (since I'm not a huge fan of most old-school punk or Ryan Adams), but it sounds very interesting. And then remixes of the album could be great too.

It's all pretty hit or miss for me, although I love "Young Volcanoes" and the aggression behind "The Phoenix". I'm definitely a Ryan Adams fan, and the idea sounds awesome haha. Wait, there are remixes on this release?
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests