AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 15 posts.
12:56 PM on 09/26/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
If you can't spell "really" correctly, your opinion on anything doesn't matter.
01:07 PM on 09/26/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
The comments on that screen are pretty awful themselves and I am kind of hoping against the odds that this thread doesn't go down that route.

Come on.
What am I coming on about? It's true.

Plus, I happen to know from experience not to trust his opinion about music.
01:46 PM on 09/26/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I don't agree, even if this guy, as an individual, has a track record of being an idiot. Contracting a word doesn't make someone stupid by itself and there's about a million different, completely valid, mitigating circumstances as to why someone might lack basic English spelling skills that they shouldn't be dismissed because of.
I didn't say it made him stupid. I said I don't give a shit about his opinion.
01:48 PM on 09/26/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
i get those ones are fucked up i just don't get why this one was the example
Because randomly messaging someone you don't know with a proposition, or presumption, of sex is, in my opinion, fucked up.
01:49 PM on 09/26/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
lol i'm not defending these dudes, just seemed tame compared to what they are saying they usually get. just thought it was odd to use this one as the prime example to let people know these dudes are scumbags when, yea its kinda offensive but not over the top disrespectful
Probably because they didn't wanna post a picture of the more graphic ones to their entire Facebook feed.

And yes, it's disrespectful. Not kinda.
01:56 PM on 09/26/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
yup

can't believe some people don't understand that.
Can't believe how often it occurs.

My sister gets messages from people she's never met with things like, "down to fuck?"

Her sarcastic responses back are hilarious -- but I can't even fathom what goes through someone's brain to send such a thing.
02:41 PM on 09/26/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
For example: "Yes. Just not you."
Hahaha.

Also, I think you'd really dig the band/album in question.
11:38 PM on 09/26/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
eh, don't really think that is sexism, just men being ridiculously over sexual and acting like dickheads.
That's virtually the definition of casual misogyny.
11:55 PM on 09/26/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
yeah, I get that, I just feel like sexism is more so discrimination against, in this case, females. Personally I don't really find this a discrimination issue as much as a "being a decent human being" issue.

I mean I underatand that the objectification of women qualifies as mysoginism. I just don't think sexism is the right term. doesn't really matter though.
More info
Short definition: Sexism is both discrimination based on gender and the attitudes, stereotypes, and the cultural elements that promote this discrimination.

Sexism is the right term -- it doesn't simply mean "discrimination."
10:06 AM on 09/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
this is not what this site is for.
This site is for whatever I decide it's for ...
10:18 PM on 09/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
This album is disappointedly boring if you've listened to m83 or Metric at least once in your life. The singles were great, the rest is fluff.

Spelling okay on this one?
Listened to both, disagree and wouldn't compare them.
12:18 PM on 09/28/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Definitely try m83's last record, Hurry Up, We're Dreaming and tell me CHVRCHES haven't taken a couple pages from that playbook in terms of anthem-sized choruses. I'd also throw the band Stars (again, especially their last album, The North) as a somewhat influence.

The weird thing is none of the bands I list are bad or negative; I've loved m83 and Stars for ages now. It's just that this album ultimately sounds like a combination of those bands' pop elements, but less interestingly done. "Mother" and "Lies" are still fantastic and "We Sink" or "Lungs" would be amazing singles, but the rest is a bit forgettable.
Didn't even list my favorite songs on the album ... -- different strokes. Like all the bands.
12:18 PM on 09/28/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
You white knights make me laugh.
Odd thing to laugh about, but whatevs.
01:15 PM on 09/28/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Jesus.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE