Username
Password
Facebook News - Page 7
Displaying posts 90 - 99 of 99.
11:04 PM on 09/28/13
luvsickcatalyst
wander eyes, ocean high.
User Info.
Didn't even list my favorite songs on the album ... -- different strokes. Like all the bands.
Definitely different strokes. They seem so genuine too, which makes it worse that I'm not really connecting with the album as a whole.
i hate this thread.

since when is m83 the beacon of anthem sized choruses? does anyone even remember metrics last boring ass album?
Probably 2004-ish? Dead Cities had some massive singles on there...I feel like it's not very unreasonable at all to say Anthony's been consistently great with making anthemic synth pop-rock.

And I guess I do? Not sure why it's a major offense for saying the album's a bit derivative of other established bands.
07:37 AM on 09/29/13
drewinseries
Fight to get it back again.
User Info.
Kind of sad to say that this thread brought me to my first listen of the band, wish it wasn't drowned in sexism. But damn, if that opening track isn't just wonderful.
09:42 AM on 09/30/13
JimmyAveningo
User Info.
This site is for whatever I decide it's for ...
show me da banhammer...lol
But seriously you can do better than posting gossip BS...you have built a great site and community.
No reason to waste that on this garbage
09:59 AM on 09/30/13
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
Definitely different strokes. They seem so genuine too, which makes it worse that I'm not really connecting with the album as a whole.

Probably 2004-ish? Dead Cities had some massive singles on there...I feel like it's not very unreasonable at all to say Anthony's been consistently great with making anthemic synth pop-rock.

And I guess I do? Not sure why it's a major offense for saying the album's a bit derivative of other established bands.
because every album is a bit derivative of other bands, i could point out a myriad of albums and artists m83 and metric are derivative of, what's the point?
12:40 PM on 09/30/13
luvsickcatalyst
wander eyes, ocean high.
User Info.
because every album is a bit derivative of other bands, i could point out a myriad of albums and artists m83 and metric are derivative of, what's the point?
Sure, that's an absolutely fair argument and one I don't disagree with...but I don't think that's entirely why I'm not connecting with this record. You can definitely derive your sound from other artists; The Beatles wouldn't have gotten anywhere if it weren't for Elvis and he wouldn't had such a great career if it weren't for Chuck Berry, etc. I think it's key though is for an artist to take their influences and make something new of them. I feel like, amidst how big electronic music has gotten and how so many artists are using '80s synth pop as a major reference point to their sound (The Naked and Famous, Passion Pit, Everything Everything, etc), CHVRCHES seem to rely on those influences just as hard without distinguishing themselves from the pack. Again, it's a matter of personal opinion and how much I listen to this kind of music (an embarrassing amount), but I think here is where I fall off the CHVRCHES hype train.
01:51 PM on 09/30/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
show me da banhammer...lol
But seriously you can do better than posting gossip BS...you have built a great site and community.
No reason to waste that on this garbage
Do you seriously think this is just "gossip"? A woman being harassed (and threatened) on a daily basis because of her gender is a real fucking problem, dumbass.

I believe that's definitely something that should be discussed. And I think posting about it here makes a ton of sense. Lauren is a musician (that has quite a lot of fans on this site). Misogyny is a huge issue in the music industry and most music communities. Pretending like it doesn't exist just makes the problem worse.
11:04 AM on 10/01/13
JimmyAveningo
User Info.
Do you seriously think this is just "gossip"? A woman being harassed (and threatened) on a daily basis because of her gender is a real fucking problem, dumbass.

I believe that's definitely something that should be discussed. And I think posting about it here makes a ton of sense. Lauren is a musician (that has quite a lot of fans on this site). Misogyny is a huge issue in the music industry and most music communities. Pretending like it doesn't exist just makes the problem worse.
First thing - what people are saying to her is wrong - never stated anything against that.
Second thing - Use of dumbass was uncalled for.
Third thing - Your assumption that this type of behavior doesn't and hasn't been happening to males seems to be a bit short sighted.
Fourth thing - My comment about this being garbage is in regards to the types of discussion that happen on forums surrounding controversial topics. (Look at the Dustin kensrue threads) This is not the socratic discussion you seem to see from your high horse.
12:15 PM on 10/01/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
First thing - what people are saying to her is wrong - never stated anything against that.
Second thing - Use of dumbass was uncalled for.
Third thing - Your assumption that this type of behavior doesn't and hasn't been happening to males seems to be a bit short sighted.
Fourth thing - My comment about this being garbage is in regards to the types of discussion that happen on forums surrounding controversial topics. (Look at the Dustin kensrue threads) This is not the socratic discussion you seem to see from your high horse.
When did I say this doesn't happen to males too? I stated a fact. Women are the receiving end of a disproportionate amount of harassment. Period.

Still not "gossip", and your comment was still pathetic. Just because something is controversial does not mean it can't be discussed.
10:04 AM on 10/02/13
JimmyAveningo
User Info.
When did I say this doesn't happen to males too? I stated a fact. Women are the receiving end of a disproportionate amount of harassment. Period.

Still not "gossip", and your comment was still pathetic. Just because something is controversial does not mean it can't be discussed.
Your first statement is once again an opinion. Period
Keep discussing issues that have been evolving for thousands of years with your brilliant internet discourse.
Your opinions on the subject are clearly valid and making a difference.

Please send me the results when you have a chance...really intrigued to see what this thread accomplished
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests