AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Equal Vision Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Glass Cloud Announce New EP, Release New Song

Posted by - 11:05 AM on 09/27/13
Glass Cloud will be releasing a new EP titled Perfect War Forever on October 22nd. The band also premiered a new track called "Trapped Like Rats." The five-song EP features the band’s first-ever recorded 9-string material and is available to pre-order.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 57
11:08 AM on 09/27/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
11:24 AM on 09/27/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is awful. Had so much hope for this band, but ANYONE could have released this song.
11:26 AM on 09/27/13
himynameisdk
User Info.
As generic as this might be I'm still very optimistic. I didn't like the first song they released when they first came together, but I love the rest of their first album.
11:27 AM on 09/27/13
DeviateRogue
Silence of the Rams
User Info.
Edit: Eh.
11:32 AM on 09/27/13
lovemetal24
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is awful. Had so much hope for this band, but ANYONE could have released this song.
love the meshuggah influence......and NOT ANYONE could write this! Give me a break, the time signatures are too complex for most bands
11:42 AM on 09/27/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
love the meshuggah influence......and NOT ANYONE could write this! Give me a break, the time signatures are too complex for most bands
You don't get extra points for writing in weird time signatures when the result is generic. There's nothing grabbing about this song.
11:45 AM on 09/27/13
PetitnaindesÎles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
It sounds exactly like something from Catch Thirtythree which isn't necessarily a good thing because it just makes me want to stop this song and give Meshuggah a listen.
11:47 AM on 09/27/13
lovemetal24
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You don't get extra points for writing in weird time signatures when the result is generic. There's nothing grabbing about this song.
keep telling yourself that.....weird and complex are completely different.....you must not listen to much metal
11:48 AM on 09/27/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
This is boring.
11:54 AM on 09/27/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
keep telling yourself that.....weird and complex are completely different.....you must not listen to much metal
1. compared to other Djent/metal acts, this is nothing special. There's far more "complex" music out there, if you're only looking for complexity.

2. regardless of complexity or difficulty, it still has to sound good. It's the same as when music theorists argue that something HAS to be a certain way - if it's not audibly pleasing, it doesn't matter.

3. Roush sounds weak here.
12:06 PM on 09/27/13
ConnorCorruptNJ
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Djent isnt even a real fucking genre. bands considered that are only considered it by fans, they dont call themselves Djent. if its something anyone could write than how come they havent yet? its original regardless of how much is sounds like something else. tell me another band that destroys a 9-string guitar on every song they play.
12:17 PM on 09/27/13
bowbzzz
User Info.
Djent isnt even a real fucking genre. bands considered that are only considered it by fans, they dont call themselves Djent. if its something anyone could write than how come they havent yet? its original regardless of how much is sounds like something else. tell me another band that destroys a 9-string guitar on every song they play.
It's not really a 9-string when 3 of the strings are downtuned to sound like a fart.
12:19 PM on 09/27/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
1. compared to other Djent/metal acts, this is nothing special. There's far more "complex" music out there, if you're only looking for complexity.

2. regardless of complexity or difficulty, it still has to sound good. It's the same as when music theorists argue that something HAS to be a certain way - if it's not audibly pleasing, it doesn't matter.

3. Roush sounds weak here.

While I think you're being a touch too critical, that bolded section is something that should be pasted all over AP. Love technical bands, but admittedly sometimes they seem to go off on these tangents/idea and end up being rather exhausting/not attention grabbing. Ie; I love BTBAM but their later material was not good for repeat listens.
12:22 PM on 09/27/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I'd say Djent is on it's way to be a legitimate genre at this point. It may not have the backing, say metalcore, has but it's grown to be a very specific term for a very precise type of metal. I think bands just aren't all on board with the term yet.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos