AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Yellowcard News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Yellowcard
Inside AP.net

Best of #YCMoment: September 20th - September 26th,...

Posted by: Drew Beringer (09/27/13)
It's week two of our favorite #YCMoments from Yellowcard's current Ocean Avenue Acoustic tour. Monday, October 7th, will wrap up our favorite #YCmoments and then we will hand them off to the band to judge. Anyways, check out some of the best #YCMoments in the replies and if you want to participate and see what you can win, make sure you check out all the contest details.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
01:49 PM on 09/27/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Favorite #YCMoment: 9/20-926
Photo taken by @amandairel at the September 9th show in New York, NY.

Photo taken by @drugstoredivas at the September 20th show in North Myrtle Beach, SC.

Video taken by @claw1400 at the September 21st show in Charlotte, NC.

Photo taken by @megan_morello at the September 21st show in Charlotte, NC.

Photo taken by @Ahh_Damn at the September 22nd show in Orlando, FL.
03:10 PM on 09/27/13
Frinet
run
User Info.
Aint nothing going to beat that back flip shot from earlier.
04:06 PM on 09/27/13
Tele72
User Info.
I don't wanna be a stick in the mud here, and I don't know if this has been said at every show, but last night in Houston Ryan asked for the crowd to spend as little time as possible taking pictures.
04:32 PM on 09/27/13
bigfoamfinger
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't wanna be a stick in the mud here, and I don't know if this has been said at every show, but last night in Houston Ryan asked for the crowd to spend as little time as possible taking pictures.
What were some of the songs they played during the electric set?
05:59 PM on 09/27/13
Drown_The_City
A contender now throwing the fight
User Info.
I hate all of the Blood on the Dance Floor hate. The guy has never raped anyone for that matter, he's just gotten into sticky situations. You can even look up his criminal record. Also, their music is life changing. People say it takes no talent to write music on the computer, and sing, but it really does. They can play keyboards, and guitars, and drums, and they are musicians. I have met them numerous times, and they by far are the absolute nicest people I have ever met. They care about every single one of their fans. And if it wasn't music they wouldn't have all of the fans. Their music is an escape from everyday life. And they can put on an amazing show. So why don't you check them out instead of saying you're going to throw bottles. Really, they're musicians, and they deserve respect.
08:49 PM on 09/27/13
davecerv
davecerv
User Info.
What were some of the songs they played during the electric set?
I was there at the concert in Houston ahhhh it was awesome!!! I was right in the front and omg let me tell you that they started the electric set with freakin Paper Walls (awesome way to start the set) and then The Takedown…ahhh I was amaazed that they played those great songs first! Then they also played Always Summer, With You Around, Awakening, Rough Landing Holly, Be The Young, Surface of The Sun, Here I am Alive, Lights and Sounds, and then a little drum solo part and slides right in to the bridge of Ocean Avenue and ends. The songs that I was surprised that they didnt play were Sleep in The Snow, Rivertown Blues, and at least one song off of OFTK since its a anniversary tour. Besides that it was an incredible show, that electric set is just a big delicious treat after they play all of the OA album.
I was going crazy when I heard the choir part starting Paper Walls woooooooooooo!!!
So basically the only thing that matters about the electric set is that
they are starting with PAPER WALLS and THE TAKEDOWN!!!
08:52 PM on 09/27/13
mbarney82
User Info.
I hate all of the Blood on the Dance Floor hate. The guy has never raped anyone for that matter, he's just gotten into sticky situations. You can even look up his criminal record. Also, their music is life changing. People say it takes no talent to write music on the computer, and sing, but it really does. They can play keyboards, and guitars, and drums, and they are musicians. I have met them numerous times, and they by far are the absolute nicest people I have ever met. They care about every single one of their fans. And if it wasn't music they wouldn't have all of the fans. Their music is an escape from everyday life. And they can put on an amazing show. So why don't you check them out instead of saying you're going to throw bottles. Really, they're musicians, and they deserve respect.
no
10:27 PM on 09/27/13
AhhDamn!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I actually recorded Lights & Sounds/Ocean Avenue song from the Orlando show
01:44 AM on 09/28/13
Imperfektion
All I need are sounds of ecstasy.
User Info.
Next Friday will wrap up our favorite #YCmoments and then we will hand them off to the band to judge.

Wait but my show is next Friday and the tour officially ends Sunday night. Will this mean I won't be able to participate in the contest?
01:50 AM on 09/28/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Wait but my show is next Friday and the tour officially ends Sunday night. Will this mean I won't be able to participate in the contest?
That's right I'll probably post the last batch on the following Monday
01:51 AM on 09/28/13
Imperfektion
All I need are sounds of ecstasy.
User Info.
That's right I'll probably post the last batch on the following Monday
Cool. Thanks Drew.
11:49 AM on 09/28/13
Drown_The_City
User Info.
01:31 PM on 09/29/13
mbarney82
User Info.
your tying to promote blood on the dance floor on a yellowcard page. that makes no sense. and there is a slim to none chance anyone on AP listens to blood on the dance floor.
04:43 PM on 09/29/13
Drown_The_City
User Info.
your tying to promote blood on the dance floor on a yellowcard page. that makes no sense. and there is a slim to none chance anyone on AP listens to blood on the dance floor.
you're? I hate that blood band
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News