Username
Password
Property of Zack News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Property of Zack
Inside AP.net

Memphis May Fire Planning New LP in Early 2014

Posted by: Drew Beringer (09/27/13)
In a recent interview with PropertyOfZack, it was revealed that Memphis May Fire will be releasing a new album in February of March of 2014.
Just shows maturity. The newest record is very theatrical. It almost feels like a movie soundtrack from start to finish. Its really awesome. A lot of orchestra stuff playing a big role in the record. Its just its more mature. I think that our younger audience is going to love it certain aspects of it and our older audience is going to really appreciate how far weve come as artists. Theyre really going to love the record too. Its great.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 60
04:15 PM on 09/27/13
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
'Older' fans would appreciate a some aspect of the Southern flavor that we grew to love. But they pull the 'Rise-core' sound off pretty well.
04:32 PM on 09/27/13
Uilliam
boom, roasted
User Info.
stoked for jezebel pt 2 ft joel birch
05:12 PM on 09/27/13
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Looking forward to it.
05:23 PM on 09/27/13
JPA917
@JPA05
User Info.
What I got from this: anyone that has known them since Sleepwalking will not like this.
05:35 PM on 09/27/13
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
And yet they still haven't headlined for the mediocre 'Challenger'.
06:06 PM on 09/27/13
swagofthe90s
music <3
User Info.
tumblr is stoked
06:37 PM on 09/27/13
jjnunn118
Starship Renegade
User Info.
February of March of 2014
06:46 PM on 09/27/13
rushour144
User Info.
I still am baffled at how the members of this band feel that Sleepwalking was their most "immature" album, it makes no sense. I have been a fan of this band since they were called O Captain, My Captain (most of their fans probably thought they were always MMF) and it really saddens me that the members of this band look back on Sleepwalking and the EPs that came before it and think that they're basically crap. I am sorry but Sleepwalking was far more "mature" sounding than anything that has come after. It had some of the sweetest southern licks I have ever heard, and I still go back and listen to it pretty frequently. The guitar play between the two guitarists was genius on that album, something that has been lacking ever since...what has replaced it? That synth overtone crap that drowns out any musical talent they are trying to showcase ...but oh well, I guess they're happy, so I'll let them be.

/endrant
06:49 PM on 09/27/13
RWStewart93
User Info.
What I got from this: anyone that has known them since Sleepwalking will not like this.
Perfectly said.
06:57 PM on 09/27/13
Stormsubsides
User Info.
I still am baffled at how the members of this band feel that Sleepwalking was their most "immature" album, it makes no sense. I have been a fan of this band since they were called O Captain, My Captain (most of their fans probably thought they were always MMF) and it really saddens me that the members of this band look back on Sleepwalking and the EPs that came before it and think that they're basically crap. I am sorry but Sleepwalking was far more "mature" sounding than anything that has come after. It had some of the sweetest southern licks I have ever heard, and I still go back and listen to it pretty frequently. The guitar play between the two guitarists was genius on that album, something that has been lacking ever since...what has replaced it? That synth overtone crap that drowns out any musical talent they are trying to showcase ...but oh well, I guess they're happy, so I'll let them be.

/endrant

Go back to Tumblr please.
06:59 PM on 09/27/13
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
I've sort of enjoyed all of this bands offerings. I dig the super melodic, southern infused stuff, and I think they sound like a Rise Records band way better and much more tastefully than the other Rise Records bands. I'm a very casual fan though, so perhaps these new jams will really pull me in.
07:00 PM on 09/27/13
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
Go back to Tumblr please.

Swing and a miss.
07:35 PM on 09/27/13
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.

/endrant

Completely agreed. I wonder what their first vocalist thinks about their new material.
07:50 PM on 09/27/13
rushour144
User Info.
Completely agreed. I wonder what their first vocalist thinks about their new material.
Good question.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums