Username
Password

Comments: Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 183
11:34 AM on 09/30/13
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
also, could somebody tell me how should I pronounce the album name? And what does it mean ; )
11:47 AM on 09/30/13
Fame<Infamy
gonna bang bang fuck you up
User Info.
also, could somebody tell me how should I pronounce the album name? And what does it mean ; )
PAX AM Records is Ryan Adams record label, and I presume the days part is just a reference to the two days they spent recording the album.
11:54 AM on 09/30/13
ITS A TRAP!
ITS PERFECTLY SAFE!
User Info.
I love the fact that they turned around so soon after SRNR.
I like the idea of a punk album.

HOWEVER: I just don't like the song itself. All the members of fall out boy are very talented at what they do and this all feels a little TOO simple for them. By adopting this "punk" approach they immerse themselves to much in the "punk" style and lose the "fall out boy" style that made them so special. This just sounds like a lame track from Green Day's Uno with Patrick singing.
12:03 PM on 09/30/13
jorbjorb
User Info.
I mean, ok, hate on Frank Turner all you want (that feels weird to me in a "FOB punk song" thread, though), you still got the Billy Madison quote wrong, so.

Also, your opinion means nothing to me since you list "Gas Light Anthem" as one of your favorite bands. Are you just bad at typing things?
OMG I can't type! :'(:'(:'(
12:21 PM on 09/30/13
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
User Info.
This is way better than all of the unadulterated trash that they have released since 2006.
12:25 PM on 09/30/13
DAMENFINI
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Is this a joke...?
12:29 PM on 09/30/13
elemenohpe
Two pumps and a swirl.
User Info.
more excited for this than any previous FOB record.
12:39 PM on 09/30/13
allpwrtoslaves
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I hope with the last song they really knock it out of the park. The fact that they are all kinda short sucks.
12:43 PM on 09/30/13
theherox
As of 10/3, pronounced "Thoreau"
User Info.
they're still a rock band!!! YAY!!!!!

Saw them live on Thursday, they absolutely KILLED it. So talented.
12:57 PM on 09/30/13
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
I hope with the last song they really knock it out of the park. The fact that they are all kinda short sucks.
i have to agree. patricks aggressive voice reminds me of "snitchers and walkers..." but this song was too short. it's pretty fucking awesome, but way too short.
01:07 PM on 09/30/13
oneeightytwo
#TGG
User Info.
Yes! FOB still have it.
01:38 PM on 09/30/13
AussieBoy
User Info.
I thought I was gonna love this when I heard they were doing nearly opposite to the SRAR sound. I think I like this less

So confused
01:40 PM on 09/30/13
AussieBoy
User Info.
It's named after the adopted son of Brad and Angelina Jolie, Pax. Who appears on the front of SRAR album cover
02:13 PM on 09/30/13
jpmalone4
Avoid Eye Contact Monthly
User Info.
This is like when MCR did the Mad Gear and Missile Kid EP. I dig the sound.
02:16 PM on 09/30/13
wrothish
I look to the sky
User Info.
I love the fact that they turned around so soon after SRNR.
I like the idea of a punk album.

HOWEVER: I just don't like the song itself. All the members of fall out boy are very talented at what they do and this all feels a little TOO simple for them. By adopting this "punk" approach they immerse themselves to much in the "punk" style and lose the "fall out boy" style that made them so special. This just sounds like a lame track from Green Day's Uno with Patrick singing.
I think part of the point of this release is re-asserting that they don't have a sound and they don't have a genre. This is some stuff they threw together in 2 days for fun with a guy who doesn't have a genre either, so it's going to be interesting in a napkin sketch way rather than an oil painting way.

FOB has never released quick takes or anything from this sub-style of punk before and that alone makes it pretty exciting for me. Now that they've done it, they'll probably never do it again -- at least not quite like this.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos