Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts.
11:40 AM on 09/30/13
offsetgroupie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Super religious people creep me out a bit. I'm all for believing in whatever gods you want to believe in... have at it. I just wish people would realize that is has zero bearing on our reality. They all need to stop treating people differently and killing each other because their beliefs.

/rant
02:38 PM on 09/30/13
offsetgroupie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sweet god complex, dude.
That's Kanye. I just think religion does more harm than good.
05:06 PM on 09/30/13
offsetgroupie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I can understand thinking that, but saying what people believe has absolutely no bearing on reality is going a bit far, don't ya think?
There is zero evidence for any gods or afterlife. There may be one or many or none.. who knows? The only way to find out is to die. Until then, I don't think it's a good idea to base anything we do as a society on beliefs/faith/etc. I guess to me the two(religion/reality) are mutually exclusive things. I'm certain one could argue the other side of that coin though...
09:51 AM on 10/01/13
offsetgroupie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm sure you're a great testament to treating people good? Fact is, billions of people believe in God and to sit back and say as one person that it has "zero" impact on reality is just spoken from a shear close mind. The fact that you'd rant about it shows your own personal struggle with it. You know there's somethings more to life, you just don't want to have to deal with it.
I honestly believe this is the only life we get. Not believing in an after life makes every second of my time here that much more meaningful.
09:54 AM on 10/01/13
offsetgroupie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Or perhaps there isn't and you don't know how to deal with that? You don't want to feel like you are on your own.

I've often thought that the religious are afraid of death. They want to feel like 'everything is ok' and that someone is looking out for them in their moments of uncertainty.

I for one would prefer to confront reality, accept that it is unlikely that there is a supernatural being that governs the universe and even less likely that he chooses to intervene in my life, and remain open to the possibility that I COULD be wrong. Science does not speak in absolute truths.
Exactly my sentiments. Thank you.
09:56 AM on 10/01/13
offsetgroupie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
the zero evidence part is what makes faith powerful. i always thought its better to take the what if stance (faith) as opposed to the other side (reality) as you coined it. why take a chance? there is evidence jesus was a person too. now was he who he claimed to be or was he just crazy? again i'll stick with the faith.
Pascal's Wager or the "what if" or "just in case" argument doesn't really fly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal%27s_Wager
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News