Username
Password
Thrice News - Page 7
Displaying posts 90 - 103 of 103.
02:49 PM on 10/01/13
jonny storm
jonnystorm777
User Info.
I hope everyone who is talking about "intolerance" in here realizes that Dustin made a personal choice to be a public face for an organization that uses it's influence to spread sexist, homophobic, and transphobic rhetoric.

If you do understand that and continue to use the same argument, I'm not gonna bother getting into it with you because you're not worth my time. If you weren't aware, now you know and you can move on with your life, hopefully by using your energy to defend actual victims.
You obviously don't know what you are talking about! Quit trolling!
02:50 PM on 10/01/13
Spencer Control
Will you catch me if I blow away?
User Info.
I hope everyone who is talking about "intolerance" in here realizes that Dustin made a personal choice to be a public face for an organization that uses it's influence to spread sexist, homophobic, and transphobic rhetoric.

If you do understand that and continue to use the same argument, I'm not gonna bother getting into it with you because you're not worth my time. If you weren't aware, now you know and you can move on with your life, hopefully by using your energy to defend actual victims.
When you say "organization," do you just mean the general body of the Christan church, or something else I don't know about? Serious question.
03:15 PM on 10/01/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
When you say "organization," do you just mean the general body of the Christan church, or something else I don't know about? Serious question.
I'm referring to Mars Hill Church, which is a large church that has about 15 locations through several states. Dustin is the worship director and pastor at one of their Washington locations, and is putting this album out through the church's new record label.

There's overlap between different Christian churches and sects, but I feel it's pretty pointless to judge one by the actions and policies of another. It would be easy to make the argument that a large percentage have contributed to some of the same problems at one point or another in their existence, but that's not really what I'm talking about here.
03:19 PM on 10/01/13
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
the zero evidence part is what makes faith powerful. i always thought its better to take the what if stance (faith) as opposed to the other side (reality) as you coined it. why take a chance? there is evidence jesus was a person too. now was he who he claimed to be or was he just crazy? again i'll stick with the faith.
you might want to read this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal%27s_Wager#Criticism
04:59 PM on 10/01/13
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
yeeeeeeep. i might listen once or twice, but it will take a miracle for me to be really enamored with this.
Dustin can convince you miracles exist if you just sing along to his new album.
10:27 PM on 10/01/13
ctmk
Get him a cranberry juice
User Info.
Man, I am absolutely terrified of this guy saying anything about gay marriage.
08:42 AM on 10/02/13
antiradio
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

"Given these values, the option of living as if God exists (B) dominates the option of living as if God does not exist (~B), as long as one assumes a positive probability that God exists. In other words, the expected value gained by choosing B is greater than or equal to that of choosing ~B."

a quote from the page you gave me. and thanks its some good stuff. I do assume the positive probabllity that He exists. I chose the words i did for the absolute non believer. I would never use the "what if" talk with another christian or whatever. and thats not the way i live although i made it sound like i do. i use that kinda talk with other people who firmly claim to not believe i guess as a stepping stone to get some thought into them. whether right or wrong
09:38 AM on 10/02/13
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.
I respect the hell out of Dustin. I'm giving the whole thing one spin at the very least. Thrice fans owe him that.
Thrice fans don't owe him anything. I loved Thrice, and every album from Artist on had religious themes in it (anybody who denies this is delusional). However, I don't listen to worship music in my free time; regardless of who wrote it. A worship album written by Dustin Kensrue does not interest me at all. There is a BIG difference between rocking out to a Christian band (The Devil Wears Prada and Underoath are two of my favorites, despite me being an atheist myself) and listening to "worship music". I used to be a Christian. Pretty hardcore too. It wasn't for me. I'm not knocking anybody who is, that's just where I'm at in my life; and the fact that I enjoyed some Thrice records doesn't mean that I suddenly "owe" Dustin my time to listen to his worship album. I hope he finds success in all his endeavors, but I'll pass on this one.
09:45 AM on 10/02/13
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.
Man, I am absolutely terrified of this guy saying anything about gay marriage.
Same here...I'm glad he hasn't opened his mouth on this one (that I'm aware of, anyway). As much as I love Thrice, that would be a deal breaker for me if he spoke out against equal rights.
10:42 AM on 10/02/13
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.
the whole point of this website is for cowards to talk shit about bands they don't like & know nothing about
it's the cool thing to do
I happen to know A LOT about Thrice and Dustin (big fan of both) and I can't get into this. Somebody disliking something does not make them a "coward". This is an open forum for opinions of all kinds. I don't agree with everything people write on here (far from it), but as long as they are respectful then it is all good. If people expressing different tastes bothers you this much then maybe you should reevaluate your own posting history. One look at your "recent posts" says that you talk just about as much shit on this site as anyone else. But when someone shits on a band that YOU like then suddenly they are a "coward"? People with glass houses, man...
07:07 AM on 10/03/13
WordsandMusic
User Info.
simply put, this album wasn't written for Thrice fans, or DK solo fans, its written for application in a corporate worship setting. If youre open to listening to it anyway, good on ya, if not, fine. But all of you saying offensive things toward the church/Christianity are doing nothing more than proving yourselves ignorant to the Gospel that Jesus brings. Unfortunately, that's peoples fault. Anyway, point is, if you wanna say you'll hate it, have at it, but leave Christianity out of it-we don't dump on you for being vegan or straight edge or elitist or whatever other form of so-called "enlightenment" you subscribe to.
02:03 AM on 10/06/13
xjdizzle
User Info.
Why do people have to always argue about these things .. shit just give it a listen geeze.
01:14 PM on 10/08/13
rushour144
User Info.
Really respect this. In terms of theology, Mars Hill and Dustin's theology does not really mesh well with me, I am far too progressive in terms of theology, but man if Dustin doesn't know how to make the best worship album I've ever heard! "It's Not Enough" is one of the most emotionally powerful songs I've ever heard!
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums