AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Property of Zack News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Property of Zack
Inside AP.net

POZ Interview: Casey Crescenzo (The Dear Hunter)

Posted by: Drew Beringer (09/30/13)
In a sort-of follow-up to our recent podcast, Casey Crescenzo (The Dear Hunter) spoke with PropertyOfZack about his upcoming symphony project and more.
Well, I thought it was sooner than it was, but I was told (and I forgot about this) when I was doing The Color Spectrum, I did a living room tour on my way out to start recording one of the EPs. At one of the acoustic shows, somebody asked me something and my response was, Id really love to do a symphony. Its always kicked around in my head, but Ive always been aware of my ignorance. I always knew that, Ok, nows not the time. I dont know enough now. Finally, during the The Color Spectrum show that we played, I had to force myself because I dont know how to read music I had to force myself to learn how to notate, arrange and orchestrate for people to just read. I couldnt just sing people their parts anymore when I wanted something.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3.
05:13 PM on 09/30/13
TheZeroKid
I'm Not Holden Caulfield
User Info.
Great interview and this is all fantastic news.
08:23 PM on 09/30/13
serotoninzero
User Info.
Awesome interview. Can't wait to hear the symphony and anything else that Casey creates. Would be really interesting to end up seeing Act IV-VI as a solo act.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests