AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
A Day To Remember News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
A Day To Remember
Inside AP.net

POZ: Will "Common Courtesy" Be Released Next...

Posted by: Drew Beringer (10/01/13)
PropertyOfZack has put together an interesting article in anticipation of the court's decision on whether or not A Day To Remember will be able to be able to release Common Courtesy next week free of Victory Records. Do you think the album will be available on the 8th?

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 95
09:19 PM on 10/01/13
nick_smizzle
@nick_smizzle
User Info.
no.
09:23 PM on 10/01/13
ghelms88
Back by Popular Demand
User Info.
Nope. I don't see them taking the Streetlight route either though, telling their fans to download it illegally.
09:24 PM on 10/01/13
Andy43110
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hopefully, but doesn't look likely. Like others have said, will probably be "leaked."

Confused as to why the original proceedings were filled in Tennessee. Likely doesn't help that it was relocated to Illinois, though.
09:35 PM on 10/01/13
betweenvega
one two three fo fiffffffffffffffff
User Info.
This really sucks, but I just don't see ADTR winning this thing.
09:40 PM on 10/01/13
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
I have no idea what is going to happen. I hope ADTR wins. My guess though - no matter what happens this week - is that we hear the album on 10/8. Not sure on any of the details, but my gut says the fans will have CC.
10:00 PM on 10/01/13
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
User Info.
Based on the items listed in the POZ article, ADTR should be free of the contract since they listed 5 releases in multiple forms. I believe that the court will pretty plainly see that Victory is just trying to contain ADTR because they know CC will do very well, and ADTR don't want to work with Victory. Its pretty much business bullying. Here is to hoping that they get out of it and find themselves a new home at a label who won't shaft them in such a corporate way.
10:06 PM on 10/01/13
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
Really, really interested in seeing what ends up happening at ADTR's court date today. Hopefully something good for ADTR.
10:06 PM on 10/01/13
galkain
NothingOriginal.net
User Info.
I'm pretty sure we'll get it as a self-release next week but there will definitely be a re-issue from another label.
10:09 PM on 10/01/13
moneymaker.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
wow didn't realize it was suppose to be released next week already! hopefully ADTR pulls through, i know Hawthorne Heights had major problems with Victory also. i believe Silverstein never publicly said anything, but they left Victory too.
10:14 PM on 10/01/13
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
wow didn't realize it was suppose to be released next week already! hopefully ADTR pulls through, i know Hawthorne Heights had major problems with Victory also. i believe Silverstein never publicly said anything, but they left Victory too.

A lot of bands and former employees have spoken out about the labels owner. Dudes a major shit stain of a person.
10:15 PM on 10/01/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Nope.
10:16 PM on 10/01/13
tub and rug
pissed off > pissed on
User Info.
If they lose the lawsuit, what's the worst that happens?

Victory releases Common Courtesy?
10:16 PM on 10/01/13
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Hope everything works out for ADTR but I feel like it won't sadly.

If the band is as genuine as they seem in recent interviews about the topic, if Victory does win and they can't release it, they'l leak it or find a way to get it into their fans hands next week. Especially since a lot of people preordered
10:18 PM on 10/01/13
Mr Tickles
User Info.
Told you so.

Remember when this kid said they'd self releaaaee? Where's the retraction?
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums