AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Century Media News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Century Media
Inside AP.net

Does Suicide Silence Have A New Vocalist?

Posted by: Jake Denning (10/02/13)
According to Lambgoat, Suicide Silence may have found a new vocalist. Who is he? Eddie Hermida of All Shall Perish, whom you might recall performed "Slaves To Substance" with the band at Mitch Lucker's memorial show in December 2012.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 32.
06:27 AM on 10/02/13
Jake Denning
@Jake_Denning
User Info.
06:37 AM on 10/02/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Seems kind of weak if they still call it Suicide Silence rather than a new name, but I can't say I blame them for wanting to build on the legacy they have.
06:46 AM on 10/02/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
Good for them. There's no doubt they'll always keep Mitch's memory alive somehow. And I can only assume he'd want his friends to continue the success he helped them gain.
06:46 AM on 10/02/13
seventwenty3
User Info.
Seems kind of weak if they still call it Suicide Silence rather than a new name, but I can't say I blame them for wanting to build on the legacy they have.
I feel like I'd want my friends to continue on with the name we all created.
06:48 AM on 10/02/13
moneymaker.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
sounds a little bit more metalcore than death metal now
06:52 AM on 10/02/13
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
User Info.
Does this mean the end of All Shall Perish? I hope not. I was a much bigger fan of ASP than I ever was of SS, but maybe with Eddie on vocals that will change.
07:00 AM on 10/02/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
This has happened before. It's rare bands change names. Can't really blame them either.
07:01 AM on 10/02/13
DarthMaul
User Info.
ehh. They should just change the band name. With a new vocalist they will most likely sound nothing like Suicide Silence.
07:13 AM on 10/02/13
tub and rug
Why don't you have a seat.....
User Info.
Good for them for continuing on. It will be interesting to see how the fans feel about this. It definitely seemed like Mitch was a popular guy.
07:18 AM on 10/02/13
subplotofcrows
A Small Spark Vs. A Great Forest
User Info.
I originally thought SS was done and any form the band would take should be under a new name, but now I think it would be good to keep the name. It'll keep Mitch's legacy alive better, as well as allow them to build upon everything the band has done and accomplished. It's going to be damn near impossible to replace Mitch's unique vocals though.

I wish the band luck in whatever they do.
07:18 AM on 10/02/13
the seventeenth
when I think I am, I'm not
User Info.
They don't really have to change the name, but I would at least recommend going the Sublime route and do "Suicide Silence with Eddie Hermida"... I don't know. If they do have a softer, more metalcore sound on the new songs then I'll definitely be giving the band another listen though.
07:20 AM on 10/02/13
iamalexenglish
Mayor of Splitsville
User Info.
Please change the name! You can't continue Suicide Silence without Lucker. Although, props for wanting to continue on.
07:50 AM on 10/02/13
cvs24
Jersey Born & Raised
User Info.
Hmm, Makes me believe that All Shall Perish may be done if Hermida does turn up to be confirmed, which would be pretty bumming news.
07:52 AM on 10/02/13
roddy152
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
ss signed with nuclear blast they can't break up or change name
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music