AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Chat Reminder: Anberlin/The Maine

Posted by - 02:38 PM on 10/02/13
Here's a friendly reminder that Anberlin and The Maine will be chatting with us tonight at 8 PM EST/5 PM PST. In addition, we're giving away a pair of tickets to the tour to the person who asks the best question regarding the tour. Leave your question in the replies with your local date and the band will select a winner.

Update: Due to it being the first day of tour, certain tasks are taking longer than expected. Therefore, Anberlin will be chatting from 8 - 8:30 and then The Maine will take over from 8:30 - 9.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
03:09 PM on 10/02/13
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
I'm seeing them tonight. How could they be chatting?!
03:38 PM on 10/02/13
brandonisstupid
User Info.
How much pressure do you guys feel to balance a set list between older material and newer material? Obviously releasing a new album is exciting and bands naturally want to play new stuff, but at the same time obviously you guys are aware that there is always older material that fans want/expect. Also, is it annoying when fans are constantly yelling for old songs that you guys rarely ever play anymore?

November 1st.
03:43 PM on 10/02/13
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm seeing them tonight. How could they be chatting?!
Tape delay :p
04:22 PM on 10/02/13
...atfirstsight
User Info.
If you had to cover one of the other band's songs, which would you choose and why?
04:32 PM on 10/02/13
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
In this thread or in te chat thread? Oh well I guess it wouldn't hurt to post in both.

To Anberlin: A lot of bands are against the use of "VIP upgrade packages" in which fans make a significant monetary investment to meet a band. However, on your two most recent tours, you guys have been a big proponent of this type of funding opportunity. Could you explain what you like about the "VIP package" idea and in what ways you try to make it worthwhile for the fans?

(would like to go to oct. 30 at Starland or oct. 23 at UT.)
04:36 PM on 10/02/13
parkerisjolley
User Info.
What would be your dream tour line up, meaning, which bands would you love to do a tour with?

October 15th
05:07 PM on 10/02/13
bite2brkskn12
Registered Member
User Info.
My question is for both the Maine and Anberlin? How Do you guys go about deciding who to bring out or share the stage with? For example, Lydia is more ambient and From Indian Lakes have more of an indie rock feel while Anberlin and The Maine's newer stuff come off as more alternative rock

Union Transfer October 23rd
05:34 PM on 10/02/13
blameme2008
User Info.
With this new release of Devotion, is there going to be a new full length album anytime soon?

October 6, San Diego
05:53 PM on 10/02/13
cinthyacg91
User Info.
Question for all, and I must know...how many pairs of socks did you all pack? ;)
Just wanted to lighten up the mood, but seriously, I am beyond stoked for this tour, all of these are incredible bands, and Anberlin never fails to amaze me.
How do you handle the stresses that come from doing tours?
Take care and I can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Oct. 3, Tempe, AZ
06:00 PM on 10/02/13
notpatkirch
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You've guys have just finished 8123 and you're on another tour again. Do you ever get home sick? How do you cope with getting sick while on the road? Love you guys xo

Oct 29, NY
06:01 PM on 10/02/13
notpatkirch
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Did you guys ever think you would be as successful as you are?

Oct 29, NY
06:02 PM on 10/02/13
notpatkirch
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What is your reaction to fans that tell you that you've basically been their life savers? Does it get hard being role models?

Oct 29. NY
06:03 PM on 10/02/13
notpatkirch
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Have you ever met any guy fans who like The Maine?

Oct 29 NY
06:05 PM on 10/02/13
notpatkirch
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What would you say is the biggest change you've seen in your music and tours since your first album?

Oct 29 Ny

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version