Username
Password
Blink 182 News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Blink 182
Inside AP.net

Tom Delonge Teasing Boxcar Racer?

Posted by: Drew Beringer (10/03/13)
Tom Delonge looks to be teasing about something Boxcar Racer-related. Or is he just bathing in some nostalgia?

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 83
05:25 AM on 10/03/13
Uilliam
boom, roasted
User Info.
this would be awesome, boxcar was my favorite side project
05:25 AM on 10/03/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
That's an uncomfortable stretch to me. Tom posts very, very old pictures of blink, etc all the time - and this Box Car shot isn't any different than that.

Also, there's not much for Box Car to be able to do in the role they could do it in. Tom/Travis have sworn it off because of how Mark originally felt about the project, which of course lead to part of the band's breakup. Also, the ten year has already passed and the album has been put on vinyl multiple times.
05:31 AM on 10/03/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
That's an uncomfortable stretch to me. Tom posts very, very old pictures of blink, etc all the time - and this Box Car shot isn't any different than that.

Also, there's not much for Box Car to be able to do in the role they could do it in. Tom/Travis have sworn it off because of how Mark originally felt about the project, which of course lead to part of the band's breakup. Also, the ten year has already passed and the album has been put on vinyl multiple times.
I don't follow Tom on instagram and got like 15 submissions about this in the news queue so thought it was newsworthy. I'm inclined to agree with you after reading your post however.
05:31 AM on 10/03/13
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
User Info.
yeah, i'm tryyyyying not to read too much into it. i think he's just posting that for nostalgia purposes. however, i would love a new BCR album, as long as it actually sounds heavy and not AVA-ish.
05:32 AM on 10/03/13
dany182
God Of War xD
User Info.
He's just messing with us. He hinted some BCR stuff before Dogs Eating Dogs came out, but I didn't hear anything Box Car Racy on the EP...
05:33 AM on 10/03/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I don't follow Tom on instagram and got like 15 submissions about this in the news queue so thought it was newsworthy. I'm inclined to agree with you after reading your post however.
More than anyone in the world, I'd love to be wrong - the record changed my life. However, I'd place large amounts of money against it. I was tempted to post on POZ, but realized like..Box Car Racer is in fact going to stay dead, unlike most other bands.
05:33 AM on 10/03/13
texan4lif281
User Info.

No matter how far off it might be from actually happening, I want to believe there's still a chance.
05:34 AM on 10/03/13
Drew Beringer
User Info.
More than anyone in the world, I'd love to be wrong - the record changed my life. However, I'd place large amounts of money against it. I was tempted to post on POZ, but realized like..Box Car Racer is in fact going to stay dead, unlike most other bands.
haha yeah. side note, I've been listening to that +44 record like once a week since that podcast we recorded months ago - I want that band back haha
05:35 AM on 10/03/13
chewbacca110
dot dot dot REAL MAN!!
User Info.
If only...
05:38 AM on 10/03/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
haha yeah. side note, I've been listening to that +44 record like once a week since that podcast we recorded months ago - I want that band back haha
That record is truly incredible. It's the best lyric writing Mark ever done. I believe that was his peek as a writer, which makes it all the more shame that that album wasn't blink.
05:40 AM on 10/03/13
Drew Beringer
User Info.
That record is truly incredible. It's the best lyric writing Mark ever done. I believe that was his peek as a writer, which makes it all the more shame that that album wasn't blink.
agreed with it being his peak as a writer - everything on that record is just so damn good. I don't buy pop-punk records on vinyl really anymore but I would buy +44 on wax if I found it for a good price.
05:42 AM on 10/03/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
agreed with it being his peak as a writer - everything on that record is just so damn good. I don't buy pop-punk records on vinyl really anymore but I would buy +44 on wax if I found it for a good price.

I was so stoked when that got pressed. Only have one copy, otherwise I'd trade you the other.
05:51 AM on 10/03/13
Drew Beringer
User Info.
I was so stoked when that got pressed. Only have one copy, otherwise I'd trade you the other.
yeah there are a handful of them on discogs for like 50 bucks.

also typing in "plus 44 vinyl" on ebay does not bring up the record haha it brings up something completely different
05:53 AM on 10/03/13
mms13
User Info.
Likely just a throwback pic. Would love to hear new Boxcar though.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums