Username
Password
Line-up Change News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Line-up Change
Inside AP.net

Suicide Silence Reveal New Vocalist

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (10/04/13)
Suicide Silence have officially announced Eddie Hermida (All Shall Perish) as their new vocalist. Head to the replies to hear a rough vocal sample.

Update: All Shall Perish will carry on without Hermida.
Suicide Silence is pleased to announce the addition of Eddie Hermida to the family. Many of you may be familiar with Eddie through his work with All Shall Perish. For those of you unfamiliar, our relationship with Eddie goes way back to the Spreading Disease Tour, our first U.S. headlining run, in 2006. Mitch & Eddie remained long-time friends and we felt that if the band were to continue it should be with someone Mitch knew personally and respected as both a friend and an artist. We've chosen Eddie as our new frontman in association with this long-standing relationship & countless other attributes from his quality of character to his dynamic vocal abilities that make him the absolute best fit for this band.

We hope you all will embrace this decision with open arms understanding that this is what Mitch would have wanted. He would want his brothers to stick together & carry forward what he helped create. Every time we step on stage it will be in his honor & for his legacy. Suicide Silence will continue.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
12:16 PM on 10/04/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
12:38 PM on 10/04/13
swagofthe90s
music <3
User Info.
he was listed on their wikipedia earlier this week, was hoping it wasn't true
12:54 PM on 10/04/13
iamalexenglish
Aren't Kids Anymore…
User Info.
I heard this yesterday! I like this a lot! He just can't hit the high stuff.
12:55 PM on 10/04/13
subplotofcrows
A Small Spark Vs. A Great Forest
User Info.
This is awesome.
01:05 PM on 10/04/13
Surferboy4742
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
He is certainly no Mitch, but I'm diggin it!
01:07 PM on 10/04/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
so All Shall Perish is done?
02:50 PM on 10/04/13
PureBlueSF
ur not even pop punk
User Info.
so All Shall Perish is done?

Apparently not.

Originally Posted by All Shall Perish's Facebook page
Earlier today, the official announcement came out that Hernan "Eddie" Hermida has joined Suicide Silence. Eddie has quit All Shall Perish to Join Suicide Silence full time. To all our fans who want to know about the future of ASP, keep this in mind: Mike Tiner has been a major writer in the band and will continue to be. We had big shoes to fill when guys like Chris Storey and original vocalist Craig Betit left All Shall Perish, but we were able to rebound with the addition of massive talents like Adam Pierce, Francesco Artusato and Eddie Hermida. Eddie has big shoes to fill himself, stepping in for our fallen brother Mitch Lucker. All Shall Perish has continued before and will continue now. We wish Suicide Silence all the best.
03:07 PM on 10/04/13
swagofthe90s
music <3
User Info.
should have stayed in ASP not like both bands are super busy at the same time
06:04 PM on 10/04/13
wait now here
User Info.
Sucks...All Shall Perish was pretty much the only band I listened to in that genre. Awaken the Dreamers is an awesome album and IMO vastly better than almost everything the "deathcore" genre has to offer. They may continue but it definitely won't be the same, after losing their Chris Storey and now Eddie I doubt they will ever reach the heights they once experienced.
10:37 PM on 10/04/13
steve187
nah
User Info.
i haven't kept up with any bands like this in forever but isn't all shall perish way bigger than suicide silence?
11:05 PM on 10/04/13
theneonicon
User Info.
i haven't kept up with any bands like this in forever but isn't all shall perish way bigger than suicide silence?
At one point they were, but I'd say Suicide Silence has gained a lot of attention over the past few years.

I'm stoked to hear new Suicide Silence though. Mitch was one of the greatest, if not the best, vocalists in the game; that being said, I think they're fortunate to have Eddie join the band because he's right up there with Mitch. Probably a close second.
01:07 AM on 10/05/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
I'm not a part of this scene, but it looks like ASP's guys are really understanding. Good on them.
08:29 AM on 10/05/13
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
User Info.
Sucks...All Shall Perish was pretty much the only band I listened to in that genre. Awaken the Dreamers is an awesome album and IMO vastly better than almost everything the "deathcore" genre has to offer. They may continue but it definitely won't be the same, after losing their Chris Storey and now Eddie I doubt they will ever reach the heights they once experienced.
I'm disappointed a little as well. I was a fan of ASP, and they were one of the few in the genre that I enjoyed. Never really got into SS. I've enjoyed most of ASP's work throughout all the previous changes, hopefully this will remain true with Eddie leaving now.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests