Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts
03:13 PM on 10/04/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
5) Haim - "The Wire" & "My Song 5"
NoteThe LA trio of sisters are certainly blowing up amongst bloggers and online publications with their new album, Days Are Gone. A blend of indie-pop along with Wilson Phillips and Fleetwood Mac and you have a certain energy most bands cannot match. It only makes sense for Haim to make its mark in the industry by showing up on the SNL stage this year.

4) CHVRCHES - "The Mother We Share" & "Gun"
NoteThe debut album from CHVRCHES, The Bones Of What You Believe, totally re-energizes me whenever I listen to it. Lauren Mayberry's voice is angelic and compliments the euphoric electronica that comes forth from Iain Cook and Martin Doherty. Another buzzy band that's getting a lot of attention this year, the uplifting anthems of "The Mother We Share" and "Gun" would put a jolt through the usual SNL audience.

3) Chelsea Wolfe - "We Hit A Wall" & "The Warden"
NoteIf SNL wants to continue to be seen as a "trendsetter," then they must book Chelsea Wolfe immediately. This is my wild card pick, but I cannot think of any other artist whom would transfix and haunt an audience like Wolfe. Her newest album, Pain Is Beauty, is a beautifully destructive masterpiece and "We Hit A Wall" and "The Warden" would absolutely slay. Her on-stage presence and demeanor would bring a presence to the SNL stage that hasn't been felt in years.

2) Danny Brown - "Dip" & "25 Bucks"
NoteThe craziest and most daring mind in hip-hop right now, Danny Brown would turn SNL and its audience on their head. His upcoming record, Old, is bringing excitement to the genre and its fans and what better way to capitalize on that than by unleashing his brand of wordplay and flow on a late Saturday night? The national audience wouldn't even know what him 'em.

1) The National - "Sea of Love" & "Graceless"
NoteI actually couldn't believe that The National hasn't played on SNL before. Talk about a band being long overdue. The National are one of the absolute best live bands alive today and with its latest record, Trouble Will Find Me, receiving a plethora of critical and commercial success, it only makes sense for Matt Berninger and company to change lives on Saturday Night Live. Plus who doesn't want to hear Berninger yell his lungs out on "Sea of Love"?
03:30 PM on 10/04/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
I'm guessing pearl jam will be on sometime before the end of the year. Would be cool to see someone like Red Fang around release time. Drake. Arctic monkeys. The 1975.
yeah Drake and The 1975 are probably no-doubters this year

also thanks for the Katy Perry correction everyone, I dunno why I thought it was kings of Leon

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos