AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Band Break-Up News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Go Radio Have Broken Up

Posted by - 05:08 PM on 10/06/13
Go Radio have broken up.
It is with heavy hearts that after 7 years of making music and touring the world, Go Radio has come to an end. For some of you this comes as a huge shock and for our friends and family this will be a certain sense of closure. There is no easy way to write something like this so we won’t beat around the bush.

Earlier this year Jason came to us with the news that he felt his time with Go Radio had come to an end. He felt a shift in priority to spend more time with his wife and retire from a life on the road. The decision to end this chapter was far from easy, but it simply would not be Go Radio without all four of us. Because of that, this decision is the right one.

The experiences, relationships, and memories we have shared are irreplaceable. You, the fans, have had our backs from day one and we could not be more grateful for what you enabled us to accomplish. You’ve given us a chance to travel the world and share our stories as you shared yours with us. We cannot thank you enough. We always strived to be the best band and friends we could be. To take the time to meet each and every one of you, talk to you, laugh with you, cry with you… we wouldn’t trade those moments for anything. Go Radio was not just a band, it became a worldwide family, a lifeboat for all of us to keep our heads above water in good times and bad. Music is immortal. What we’ve created will never die. We encourage you all to focus on the good as it significantly outweighs any sense of bad.

As for the future… we will all be involved with music one way or another and will be active in letting you know what we’re up to.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 91
05:09 PM on 10/06/13
justinwho
long live RepliesWithGifs
User Info.
bummed, but it's understandable.

best of luck to the guys.
05:10 PM on 10/06/13
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
Very very surprised and sad. Thought they had a lot more in them.
05:11 PM on 10/06/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.
What the hell...
05:11 PM on 10/06/13
smowashere
I am Groot.
User Info.
Wow. I actually noticed at Warped Tour that Jason kinda distanced himself from/didn't hang out with the other guys and wondered if this would happen. So for some reason, I'm not surprised.
05:12 PM on 10/06/13
aboutmeaboutyou
User Info.
sucks but he finally realized he needs a job thats sustainable and pays
05:14 PM on 10/06/13
fbrrocks
Registered Member
User Info.
damn i love them at least i get to see alex with stages and stereos this month
05:15 PM on 10/06/13
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
User Info.
Such a bummer. It seemed kinda weird that their song on Punk Goes Christmas was "Jason of Go Radio" and not just Go Radio. Makes sense now :(
05:16 PM on 10/06/13
musicfan9795
Cool...cool...cool...
User Info.
This sucks
05:17 PM on 10/06/13
ImAMetaphor
Not throwing stones at you anymore
User Info.
Goodnight Moon is my fucking favorite song... gonna miss these guys.
05:20 PM on 10/06/13
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
he joins mayday parade next year?
05:20 PM on 10/06/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Such a shame. I loved this band. Jason was great back in his MP days and only got better with Go Radio as Close The Distance was perfect. I mean they went out with an absolutely fantastic album but its a shame to see them break up. I never got to see them live and play any close the distance songs. Saw them a lot around Lucky Street tour cycle though. Will really miss this band.
05:22 PM on 10/06/13
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Sad news. Such a huge inspiration for a lot of fans.

Best of luck to the guys though, they deserve the best. And they went out on top.
05:22 PM on 10/06/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Major bummer. Close The Distance was a fantastic record. Wish all the guys the best.
05:24 PM on 10/06/13
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
really hope we get to hear more music from jason, even though the statement kind of hints that we might not.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos