Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts.
04:05 PM on 10/07/13
JoeForPresident
Vocals/Guitar - Modern Chemistry
User Info.
hello sir. so i'm in the biggest local band in the world, Modern Chemistry. i was wondering how to be the biggest band overall in the world?
04:36 PM on 10/07/13
JoeForPresident
User Info.
What city do you guys live in?
we're in New Brunswick, NJ. Hub City all day
04:42 PM on 10/07/13
JoeForPresident
User Info.
Are you playing in other markets in the neighborhood?
We play at the Court Tavern in New Brunswick quite a bit, basement shows a bunch around the area. We've also hit Asbury Park, Long Branch, Clifton, New York City. We're currently booking a tour this winter and trying to hit NYC, Philly, Maryland and a few more spots.
04:51 PM on 10/07/13
JoeForPresident
User Info.
That is the recipe Joe. Think of your live career as concentric circles and the idea is to keep widening the circle. And if you are doing real business make sure you let buyers in other markets know. Talk with other bands in other cities and offer to swap opening slots. Be creative. Be relentless. Mike Einziger from Incubus was that guy in the band in the early days. Handed out flyers everywhere, took names and numbers everywhere. Relentless networker. He's the guy that roped me in.
that's awesome, thank you for the advice Steve. i love networking, meeting and connecting with new friends. we'll continue doing what we're doing. we're also working on an entertainment collective in hopes of creating a force of like-minded musicians that can really capture people's interest.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests