Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 38 of 38.
04:53 PM on 10/07/13
Steve_JustAGuy
www.justaguy.us
User Info.
By and large the only difference is that the job is easier in alot of ways when you are having some success. More opportunities find you than the other way around. And did I mention that when everybody is actually making money it makes things feel better. That said, when bands become successful a whole new slew of issues come into play, maintaining success, more expectations, more temptations, and loss of motivation.

When you are just starting off looking for wins it can be very tough and very lonely as a manager. When things go right everybody is happy to take the credit. When it goes wrong it is YOUR idea.
Thanks! Love your site as well, can't wait to sit down and dive into it.
04:53 PM on 10/07/13
strikefirefall
User Info.
I'm not sure if this is a stupid question, but is it possible to manage 3-4 bands completely alone? No assistants. No interns. Just you.

I love the idea of being a manager and just being able to plan my own day without having to supervise a bunch of people in an office.
05:01 PM on 10/07/13
Renman
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ok folks. Great chatting with you. Good luck in all our endeavors.
05:09 PM on 10/07/13
DLBogosian
Finch tech, UTG writer, @dlbogosian
User Info.
I think getting started is the toughest part. Once you get that first gig make sure you do a great job for your employer. Make yourself indispensable in the gig you have first. And if you do it right you will meet other people in other areas of the business and I think ultimately you will find your true north and figure out where you real area of strength is. I started as a concert promoter, then a manager, then a label dude, then web entrepreneur, and then manager again. But I did 4-7 years in each of those gigs. And it ultimately gave me a very broad experience when I took over Incubus.

BTW-congrats on the new gig. Rebecca from Shorefire told me she hired you.
Thanks, Rennie! I owe a lot to you and your program.
05:15 PM on 10/07/13
Shallowpoint
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
How dafuq can we find a good manager? lol
05:38 PM on 10/07/13
Shallowpoint
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
How dafuq can we find a good manager? lol
nevermind, i found your website, thank you anyways, in case you see this
07:38 PM on 10/07/13
Renman
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
nevermind, i found your website, thank you anyways, in case you see this
OK you are off to a good start. Watch those vids and you'll get an idea of how the smart managers think. And all of those folks check their email, monitor social media feedback, click on Youtube vids etc. And most of them would answer an email or tweet if you said you saw their vid on RenmanMB, liked what they had to say, and would answer a question if you asked. That's 100X more to work with when I started in the music biz. Cheers-Ren
08:07 AM on 10/08/13
Rodeo
User Info.
OK you are off to a good start. Watch those vids and you'll get an idea of how the smart managers think. And all of those folks check their email, monitor social media feedback, click on Youtube vids etc. And most of them would answer an email or tweet if you said you saw their vid on RenmanMB, liked what they had to say, and would answer a question if you asked. That's 100X more to work with when I started in the music biz. Cheers-Ren

Good to see you here, Renman!

Mat, Pissing Contest
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News