Username
Password

Comments: Page 8
Displaying posts 105 - 120 of 189
10:33 AM on 10/08/13
error3972
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If anyone's interested just made a post about it here... http://zipshared.simpl.com/
10:34 AM on 10/08/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Hey Thomas - You say "Common Courtesy is an easy step up from its predecessor, What Separates Me From You"... but you gave that album a 7.5. Which is higher than the 7 you gave Common Courtesy. That doesn't add up.

... granted I've only listened to CC a couple times thus far, but I feel WSMFY is a better album.

Albums age differently with different people...I believe I read something similar regarding his review of Neighborhoods. Initial feelings towards a record or band can change with anyone.
10:40 AM on 10/08/13
Erik Bihl
I Like Music
User Info.
did you read the review? Thomas does a pretty good job of explaining why he gave it a 7.
Yea I understand his opinion but I still think it deserves more than a 7. But I am a hardcore ADTR fan and i have been waiting for 3 years so yea. But I do love this album a lot
10:44 AM on 10/08/13
TSLataris
Representin' the 514
User Info.
Gotta say this band does the pop-punk/pop thing pretty well.
10:45 AM on 10/08/13
johnbrauer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Albums age differently with different people...I believe I read something similar regarding his review of Neighborhoods. Initial feelings towards a record or band can change with anyone.
He gave it a 7 at first but went on to say in his end of the year list that he overrated it and it was all but unlistenable at that point.
12:26 PM on 10/08/13
The Mysterious
Amantas sunt amentes.
User Info.
16 year old skateboarding pop punk me is enraged with the low and incomprehensible 7/10 rating.

21 year old me accepts the review and the album for what it is, a decent blend of two genres. Probably their best work yet though, with that being said.
12:28 PM on 10/08/13
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
That review was like, half shit-talking... I think? Not a fan of ADTR but this is pretty decent so far..I can see why kids are into it.
12:45 PM on 10/08/13
DeviateRogue
Valar Morghulis
User Info.
this is probably their best record as a band and fans of FTWHH will adore this. I know I do.
FTWHH will always be their best imo.
01:05 PM on 10/08/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Hey Thomas - You say "Common Courtesy is an easy step up from its predecessor, What Separates Me From You"... but you gave that album a 7.5. Which is higher than the 7 you gave Common Courtesy. That doesn't add up.

... granted I've only listened to CC a couple times thus far, but I feel WSMFY is a better album.
yeah i mean that was three years ago – i just don't have the same tastes i used to. i will admit to rating that album much higher than i should have because i used to have a soft spot for the band (this happened to me with a few reviews back a few years ago). in hindsight i'd give that record like a 5
01:05 PM on 10/08/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
That review was like, half shit-talking... I think? Not a fan of ADTR but this is pretty decent so far..I can see why kids are into it.
It wasn't that. It was me admitting that while I'm not a personal fan of the album, I can see that it's great for what it is.
01:18 PM on 10/08/13
thesinkingship
this boat is obviously sinking
User Info.
Bro, can't wait to pick up the CD from Best Buy and blast it in my souped-up ten year old used Honda.
01:19 PM on 10/08/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Excited to hear this thing.
01:22 PM on 10/08/13
Avalanche1
Keep running, keep shining on
User Info.
This is really good. I definitely prefer the pop punk songs more than the heavy songs. Some of the choruses on this are huge.
01:33 PM on 10/08/13
jasonisasleep
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this is probably their best record as a band and fans of FTWHH will adore this. I know I do.
agreed, definitely reminds me of their old days...although i honestly love all of their stuff.
01:41 PM on 10/08/13
johnbrauer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It wasn't that. It was me admitting that while I'm not a personal fan of the album, I can see that it's great for what it is.
Are you still a fan of Homesick?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version