Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 130
11:00 AM on 10/08/13
George_mm
Life finds a way
User Info.
The interview actually made me feel bad that the band won't have a top 3 or 4 (or maybe 1) album to be honest. Like .. they probably would have definitely been close ... and regardless of my thoughts on anything else ... I feel legit bad they can't experience that because of how this went down. I hope somehow they get some gold records outta this to make up for it. Haha.
Really great interview. That is one of my main thoughts though, how big they're first week sales would have been. If a band like sleeping with sirens can do 60k and top 3 in first week, can you imagine what adtr would have done? Regardless I think it's awesome they're more worried about just getting the album to fans instead of waiting and getting that huge first week.
11:03 AM on 10/08/13
DandonTRJ
~~~ヾ(^∇^
User Info.
Great interview. I'm guessing that unnamed Victory band he mentions is Silverstein.
11:04 AM on 10/08/13
himynameisdk
User Info.
I was really shocked to hear about the circumstances surrounding 'Old Record'. I seriously loved the reissue, but the fact that they had to write it in 2 days because of Victory is fucked up on so many levels. I really feel like this whole album and the lawsuit has given people a true understanding of all the shit this band has been through over the years and hopefully changed the opinions of people who used to call them "sell-outs" because it's obvious from this that they are clearly the farthest thing from it.
11:05 AM on 10/08/13
cowlord
( »\_(ツ)_/»)
User Info.
Good dude
11:05 AM on 10/08/13
BLeClair12
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Great read, and it makes me appreciate the record a bit more, to be honest. I think it's great that, against better judgment, they decided to put the record out really and truly because they didn't want to disappoint the fans and run the risk of losing them. Everything about this came off as genuine and sincere.
11:12 AM on 10/08/13
halzgrrl6
Chicago1986
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Does anyone know what band he's talking about that they toured with several times?
can we take a break from breaking news to people for like, one second here?
11:14 AM on 10/08/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
can we take a break from breaking news to people for like, one second here?
Is that supposed to be funny
11:14 AM on 10/08/13
The Meech
User Info.
The interview actually made me feel bad that the band won't have a top 3 or 4 (or maybe 1) album to be honest. Like .. they probably would have definitely been close ... and regardless of my thoughts on anything else ... I feel legit bad they can't experience that because of how this went down. I hope somehow they get some gold records outta this to make up for it. Haha.

I was really looking forward to seeing where they charted, considering 3 full years ago they weren't nearly THIS huge and sold like 45k first week or something. Definitely the only band in the scene that isn't full-on top 40 mainstream that can top the 3 spot Sleeping With Sirens put up earlier this year. Dang shame that all this stuff is gonna throw it off.

also, just wondering, how did you manage to get this interview? I still tend to underestimate the huge influence AP.net and J Tate have on the scene haha. Just seems like he would have been super busy with the tour and album coming out, so cool that he made time for this. great read!
11:15 AM on 10/08/13
halzgrrl6
Chicago1986
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Is that supposed to be funny
juuuuuust saying.
11:17 AM on 10/08/13
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
User Info.
That bit about Atreyu's greatest hits counting toward's their album count has me thinking ADTR has a legit gripe here. It will be interesting to see the outcome. It's a really shitty situation. Sounds like Tony's just trying to hold onto the band because he's an egomaniac and Victory is a sinking ship. Who do they have besides Emmure? I can see this label folding if they lose this lawsuit honestly. That's the best possible outcome in this situation.
11:19 AM on 10/08/13
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
User Info.
Does anyone know what band he's talking about that they toured with several times?
I'm guessing it's Silverstein. They released a live album just so they could fulfill their victory contract and get off of the label.
11:20 AM on 10/08/13
Avalanche1
Keep running, keep shining on
User Info.
Very interesting read.
11:23 AM on 10/08/13
Fringe
highfive
User Info.
Wow, what an amazing interview. I'm gonna order the album tonight
11:31 AM on 10/08/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Thought it was a really good interview. Wanted to know what Jeremy was referring to for my own knowledge.
11:38 AM on 10/08/13
colorfast
I'm a paintbrush in a way.
User Info.
Such a solid interview. Thanks so much for reigning that in Jason and AP crew. Can't wait for the physical package. Hopefully they do some vinyl options as well. Common Courtesy is by far the best thing ADTR has ever done.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos