Username
Password

Interview - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 130.
11:39 AM on 10/08/13
Jake Denning
@Jake_Denning
User Info.
Thought it was a really good interview. Wanted to know what Jeremy was referring to for my own knowledge.
My first thought was Streetlight Manifesto, but I don't really follow Victory bands.
colorfast
I'm a paintbrush in a way.
User Info.
can we take a break from breaking news to people for like, one second here?
I'm pretty sure other people were wondering that as well. No need to be like that :|
anamericangod
User Info.
He says that Tony doesn't have anything to hold over their heads now, but until the suit is finally settled and in their favor, I don't think that's very accurate.
11:40 AM on 10/08/13
_><_
Registered Member
User Info.
I really think this record would've sold over 100k with proper label backing.
11:42 AM on 10/08/13
JunBringer
www.last.fm/user/junbringer
User Info.
Well, I just went ahead and bought the album based on what I read in this interview. Good luck guys, I hope it all works out for you.
11:42 AM on 10/08/13
JCCC
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I was really looking forward to seeing where they charted, considering 3 full years ago they weren't nearly THIS huge and sold like 45k first week or something. Definitely the only band in the scene that isn't full-on top 40 mainstream that can top the 3 spot Sleeping With Sirens put up earlier this year. Dang shame that all this stuff is gonna throw it off.

also, just wondering, how did you manage to get this interview? I still tend to underestimate the huge influence AP.net and J Tate have on the scene haha. Just seems like he would have been super busy with the tour and album coming out, so cool that he made time for this. great read!
I wouldve expected a lower chart postition than last time. The last album didn't really get any mainstream success and wasnt very popular with their fanbase. If anything they lost fans or at least some interest since the new album. I think this album will win them back and maybe get some new ones along the way. It's pretty damn accessible.
11:46 AM on 10/08/13
dominycking
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I hope everyone that listens to this and likes it, buys it. Even if you wait till the physical release. Not only to actually support ADTR, but to give a big "fuck you" to victory records, who's been shitting on good people for ages. I've seen some people on facebook that know the situation say that they're just going to download it illegally anyway. and it's just like wow, you're a real piece of crap if you don't support them on this.
11:47 AM on 10/08/13
xtbs7645x
User Info.
Really good interview, nice to finally here about the whole situation more in depth. Feel like the band should have just released an EP, with maybe 2 songs from the album and the b-sides.. followed up with a legitimate release of the album in November. I mean, I realize he said its not about the money, but still this album had so much potential; its a shame really.
11:50 AM on 10/08/13
JunBringer
www.last.fm/user/junbringer
User Info.
I hope everyone that listens to this and likes it, buys it. Even if you wait till the physical release. Not only to actually support ADTR, but to give a big "fuck you" to victory records, who's been shitting on good people for ages. I've seen some people on facebook that know the situation say that they're just going to download it illegally anyway. and it's just like wow, you're a real piece of crap if you don't support them on this.
I'm pretty sure that's what I just did. I want to see them succeed, and stick it to Victory, who've screwed over some of my favorite all time bands.
11:53 AM on 10/08/13
johnnyferris
5 LARGE PIZZAS
User Info.
Great interview Jason! One of the best I've ever read and I'm really confident that they can come out of this lawsuit on top now.

I'm guessing that band is Silverstein as well. I'm glad their Victory now, they're doing amazing things now with Hopeless.
11:55 AM on 10/08/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
He says that Tony doesn't have anything to hold over their heads now, but until the suit is finally settled and in their favor, I don't think that's very accurate.
I think he was mostly worried about not ever being able to put this album out -- and if they end up having to go back to Victory or whatever, then they'll cross that bridge, but the biggest worry was never being able to release CC.
E2daT
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Great Interview and great to finally hear Jeremy's point of view on all of this. I'm really pulling for these guys to win this. I'd love for ADTR to start their own label so that bands that have had to deal with the labels like Victory can actually have a chance at a career in this businuess.
mycol
I forgot what I was going to say.
User Info.
I wouldve expected a lower chart postition than last time. The last album didn't really get any mainstream success and wasnt very popular with their fanbase. If anything they lost fans or at least some interest since the new album. I think this album will win them back and maybe get some new ones along the way. It's pretty damn accessible.
What? Three songs went to radio and charted fairly well vs. only one song from Homesick charting (Have Faith In Me), and for a good number of months you couldn't watch MTV for an hour without hearing at least one of their songs. They were used in the soundtrack for multiple movies and TV shows and actually still are. That album got mainstream success for sure.
11:56 AM on 10/08/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Great interview Jason! One of the best I've ever read and I'm really confident that they can come out of this lawsuit on top now.

I'm guessing that band is Silverstein as well. I'm glad their Victory now, they're doing amazing things now with Hopeless.
Thanks!
12:00 PM on 10/08/13
anamericangod
User Info.
I think he was mostly worried about not ever being able to put this album out -- and if they end up having to go back to Victory or whatever, then they'll cross that bridge, but the biggest worry was never being able to release CC.
Yeah, in the context of releasing this album, at least they got that accomplished.

I guess you could call it...

*puts on sunglasses*

a small victory.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News