Username
Password
A Day To Remember News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
A Day To Remember
Inside AP.net

Exclusive: Interview With A Day to Remember

Posted by: Jason Tate (10/08/13)
I had the opportunity to sit down with the lead singer of A Day to Remember, Jeremy McKinnon, and talk about boring things things like life, pets, and favorite foods ... wait, no, that would be stupid ... we talked about the band's three year journey to put out their new album Common Courtesy, the current legal situation with Victory Records, and the history behind why the band signed to the label with such a vague contract in the first place. It's a wild ride.
The only thing he was trying to do with this is try and ruin our careers. He would always say that over the years when he would call us up, and we didn’t want to do something … for instance … he made us put out “Old Record.” And, what he would do is say, “I’m going to give you guys this much money to do this,” and then we’d come back with, “well, we don’t really want to do that because we would have like two days at home to re-record this entire album” -- and he told us, “you have to do this or I will end your career.” And us, being young kids, touring in a van with no money, we absolutely were terrified. And what would you do? I mean we can’t do anything about this right now. And we were forced to go into the studio, in two days, and record our entire first album again. And we butchered it. Because it was two days. And it’s something I absolutely am ashamed that we put out.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 41.
10:53 AM on 10/08/13
2hxc4you
I hate my username so much
User Info.
Great great read Jason.

Fuck Tony Brummel, seriously, I hope he loses everything for all of the shit he's done to these dudes and other bands. I really hope ADTR wins the lawsuit.
11:03 AM on 10/08/13
sammyboy516
User Info.
The fact that this interview wasn't given a clever title like "The Light at the End of the Brummel" is disappointing.

Seriously, though, can't wait to read this.
11:04 AM on 10/08/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
The fact that this interview wasn't given a clever title like "The Light at the End of the Brummel" is disappointing.

Seriously, though, can't wait to read this.
Now you got me second guessing my titles ... damn you.
11:17 AM on 10/08/13
rino655
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
More like "A Lawsuit to Remember". eh? eh?
11:28 AM on 10/08/13
TopperHarley
User Info.
"The only thing he was trying to do with this is try and ruin our careers." I'm not buying it. Why would he want to ruin the career, of arguably the biggest money making band on his label, that still owes him 2 more albums?
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Really hope this vague ass contract bites Brummel in the ass. Just a shitty, shitty person. Great interview.
11:31 AM on 10/08/13
sammyboy516
User Info.
Now you got me second guessing my titles ... damn you.
Haha, don't second guess anything, it's an awesome interview.
11:33 AM on 10/08/13
JoeHalby
User Info.
My old bands lawyer told us that there was one guy that if he ever saw on the streets he didn't think he'd be able to contain his anger. That one guy is Tony Brummel.
11:36 AM on 10/08/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
"The only thing he was trying to do with this is try and ruin our careers." I'm not buying it. Why would he want to ruin the career, of arguably the biggest money making band on his label, that still owes him 2 more albums?
My assumption: Because it was saying you either release your albums with me or I'll make sure you can't release them ever.
11:40 AM on 10/08/13
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
'I'm not even kidding,' this was a great read.

A+ Jason.
11:54 AM on 10/08/13
lovemetal24
User Info.
11:56 AM on 10/08/13
woohoo!
There's so much room for activities
User Info.
Can you imagine how much more money he would have made if he was nice to bands like Taking Back Sunday, Hawthorne Heights and ADTR? And how many other great bands might they have if he had a good reputation? It blows my mind that he can promote bands so well and then just fucks them over
11:57 AM on 10/08/13
TopperHarley
User Info.
On an unrelated note, is Dave Hause's new record the album of the year? My god, it's incredible. A tad better than Bangerz.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests